Monday, June 19, 2023

FLASHBACK REVIEW: MGAE's Fairiees Part 2


I got super lucky and managed to get more Fairiees for really cheap! Very excited to add these girls to my collection. 


I'm going to do this a bit different and show the boxed pics first and then the opened ones. 


Here's Poinsettia. 




And the back of the box. 


I am torn on this because I adore the final version, but this prototype is also incredibly gorgeous. I'm happy with the one we got, but I would have loved this hair on another doll. 




FRIDELLA! I'm so happy to have my most wanted! 





Back of the box. 

Her hair also got shortened, but not by nearly as much as Poinsettia's. 

I also got Nigella (AKA Tulip) in this lot. Like the first two, she's in a skinnier box than the original three. I have seen photos of both Poinsettia and Fridella in the larger boxes. 

This is the bottom of Nigella's box. It shows the original trio with their updated, non-floral names alongside the winter pair. I wonder who is on the bottom of the larger-sized winter boxes. Likely only Poinsettia and Fridella, but I'd love to know for sure. So all of these dolls existed in the larger boxes, including both name versions of the first three. At some point, they must have decided to rerelease them in these skinny boxes and show all five on the bottom. Now this brings up another question. Tazy's Rainbow box mentioned NINE dolls total to collect, so I guessed there was a third winter doll, but there are only two here. So we have an unknown doll. 


Anyway, on to the dolls!

Fridella sadly had disintegrated rubberbands, so I had to try to replicate her original hairstyle. I almost got it. 




I'm not sure why I love her so much. I mean, her outfit is decidedly plain compared to the others. I think it's the contrast of all her paleness, including her makeup, with her very dark blue hair. 




Poinsettia is my second fave overall. 




Best outfit for sure. Love the red with her tan and then the white hair. 





I also think she has the best wings. Fridella's are kinda shapeless, so I didn't take a photo like this for her. 


And the pair together! I've added them to my Fairiees wall display and they look great. 

Now I just need to find the other two Rainbow collection girls and maybe someday solve the mystery of the unknown ninth doll.


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment