Wednesday, June 12, 2019

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Reboot Supergirl and Wonder Woman




All right, more reboot DCSG dolls! I don't care what anyone says, I like these.

Supergirl arrived yesterday, but I didn't see her until quite late, because I was a double. Wonder Woman arrived today when I was on day shift (I worked open-close-open...ugh). No sign of Batgirl, Green Lantern, Zatanna or Katana shipping yet. Odd that Batgirl isn't available yet.

So anyway, Kara seems to be the tough girl of the bunch and she looks it!






Back of the box.

I like how the art is them going from regular clothing into hero outfit.



The front part of her hair is very gelled. Most of these pics have the gel still in. I did wash it out, but you won't see the results until the group pics when we get down to Wonder Woman's review.

It's pretty sad that a doll with hair this short has better quality hair than Bumblebee, but she does.





She has a very unusual face that's not nearly as cute as Bumblebee's.

I think she looks cool.





The plastic cape not only curls so it hangs from her neck, it also has a peg to insert into her back to keep it steady.

And you can see the fabric fail. $10 isn't a high price, but it's not that low either. If Fashionistas can have nice clothes for less, Kara could have had a fully glittered skirt.







They had enough money to spend on her manufacture to actually make this look like a top and skirt instead of a one-piece dress. They could easily have done her skirt right.

Or just used the plain material for the entire thing, since glitter is probably not up this girl's alley.





Look at this awesome torso though! Muscular, flatter than usual doll chest, muscular arms.

This doll can kick your butt.

I had a full body shot, but it seems silly to post her like that twice, since I did a comparison pic of all three dolls.





Wonder Woman was in today's mail and SHE IS SO PRETTY.

I wasn't prepared for this. I knew I'd find these highly stylized looks cute, but pretty? There's just something very appealing about her. I think she might remind me of old Winx Club animation or something. Just her face.













Back of the box. I think the doll's prettier than her art.






GORGEOUS.






Naturally, I forgot to take a pic of her back. I'm so sleepy, y'all. It is almost naptime.

As you'd guess, the white star print is not on the back of the skirt. The top is all the same material though.


Three different characters, three different heights!

Bumblebee uses a shorter, squatter torso that's wide-hipped, but quite small above that. She also has thin arms and the shorter, thicker legs.

Both Supergirl and Wondy have the same muscular torso and arms. Supergirl has the same thicker legs as Bumblebee, but the torso makes her taller than Bee.

Wondy of course has the longer, thinner legs.






All together! I can't wait for the others.







Walmart is also apparently getting an exclusive of Catwoman,

I need to catch up on the show now!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine for the most part. The Catwoman pic is from Mattel Shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment