Sunday, June 30, 2019

PRE-ORDER: LOL OMG Fashion Dolls

If you're interested in the LOL Surprise OMG fashion doll line, Amazon can help you out, because they've got pre-orders up!

For $26.99, these new dolls take familiar LOL Surprise characters and turn them into articulated fashion dolls with rooted hair and fabric outfits. You know, typical fashion dolls.

The price is definitely hefty, especially with bargain-price competition from Wild Hearts Crew, so we'll see how these do.

LADY DIVA:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PT4S9SR/

NEONLICIOUS:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PMM1W4R/

ROYAL BEE:
https://www.amazon.com/L-L-Surprise-Fashion-Surprises/dp/B07PT4GTRL/

SWAG:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PNKP1HJ/

5 comments:

  1. While the price tag is a bit much, I find these very lovely. Especially Swag (Names might need a little work) and Lady Diva. She reminds me of that late 90s/early 2000s era of rather eclectic fashion that most look back at with regret, but I find rather endearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is MGA, if anything those names are going to get worse.

      Delete
    2. Fair enough. I admit it does start to grow on me.

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing the price is because of all of the fancy unboxing elements, plus the painted nails. I was quite disappointed at their legs not being articulated but I like them overall. I really like Neonlicious (seriously?), she sort of looks like what somebody who has never been to Paris expects Parisians to dress. It's tacky in a good way.

    I have no idea how they do it, but MGA is great at whipping up ridiculous hype around toys. Remember how insane Lalaloopsy mania was? And those weren't even good for anything (couldn't even hug them like a normal plush unless you wanted to get hurt).

    I expect Wild Hearts Crew losing a few rounds at the start, but I'd see them being more popular overall in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the unboxing crap affected the price. Ugh. I think these will do better with the target market, but WHC is going to get the older crowd that is feeling the loss of MH/EAH still. I'm excited for both, but definitely moreso for WHC.

      Delete