Thursday, February 2, 2017

COLLECTION IN DEPTH: Li'l Shoppies (Happy Places)

Kristina Apples, Chelsea Cheeseburger, Spaghetti Sue and Sara Sushi
I got some of the new Li'l Shoppies today, so I figured a quick Collection in Depth post would be the best way to show these girls off. The line is really too new to get an overview post, I think, so sometimes these in depth posts will substitute for that.

I started my Li'l Shoppies collection with Kirstea and Spaghetti Sue. Toys R Us was sold out of Sara Sushi, who's one of my perpetual faves in all her incarnations, but I did end up getting her when they restocked not long after that.

Kirstea and Tippy Teapot

I have yet to buy any of the bigger sets, although I do want a few of the dolls. I'll probably start caving on those soon. I'm in a Shoppies mood, so why not? I need to at least get the Coco Cookie set because I think it's sold out of our stores now and I do want the three new ones, too, but they're everywhere.

Anyway, not too long ago, I found Riana Radio and Kristina Apples in Target and they resparked my love of these little girls.

Riana Radio and Lippy Lulu



Then I began a hunt for Lippy Lulu, who I think I only saw once when they very first came out. I didn't want to buy her online, but I eventually lucked out and found her at Booksamillion of all places.

Now today, I found the newest ones at Toys R Us, so four of them came home with me.

Chelsea Cheeseburger is up in the first photo next to Kristina Apples. These two have the same color scheme, so don't just grab and run when you're shopping. I picked up Chelsea off the peg this morning and then grabbed a second to compare face paint, then realized I was holding Kristina and not another Chelsea. Her cheeseburger box is one of my favorite Shopkins pieces ever.

Daisy Petals and Cocolette
Tippy Teapot is, in my mind, Kirstea's little sister. Similar coloring? Tea theme? Gorgeous? Yep, they're sisters.

Daisy Petals is a little darling. I'm a sucker for flower girls, so I need Rosie Bloom to hang out with her soon. Both Li'l and regular doll!

And Cocolette is also excellent. I think she's prettier as a doll, but then, they all are. Her tiny bear-shaped chocolate is just the cutest little teeny piece and there's even a slot for it in the candy box!

So I'm feeling pretty good about my Li'l Shoppies collection. I'll order that Coco Cookie set soon, I think, and then start picking up the other new larger sets, while waiting for all the new dolls to show.

PHOTO CREDITS: My Shoppies. Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment