Sunday, February 26, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies Rainbow Kate (Join the Party edition)

The first Rainbow Kate was cute, but I preferred Sara Sushi and Pam Cake from her release. I did get her with Sara though when my mom found both at Target. I wasn't planning on getting this one, but her fairy theme was making me reconsider. So when I bought Lucy, Kate jumped in my cart to get us the free shipping. I have no regrets because I actually like her better than Lucy!


A fairy theme works really well for Kate. And she's the opposite of Lucy when it comes to box art. I think the doll is far cuter than the art with Kate.

Kate's part of the Join the Party line, so she's got one of the fancy "dancing" stands. I actually gave hers to my original Rainbow Kate in her space on the display shelf, because I like this new doll enough to display her on the coffee table.



Kate has a cute smiling face and an adorable fairy outfit. I love the wings and the layered skirt especially. Her shoes are cute, too. I do like her Shopkins and the magic wand one is sitting at her feet.

Her hair has more purple in it this time around. Or at least mine does. And her expression, while being less exuberantly happy than the original doll's, is cuter, I think.


I adore the gathered pigtails. I'm not a hair person, so I'm not sure if there's an exact term for this style, but I'm always kind of a sucker for it, possibly because it reminds me of Princess Jasmine's ponytail.












So yes, my Shoppies purchase from TRU became a bit of a flip flop. I bought Kate along with Lucy, who was my primary purchase, but I ended up far preferring Kate.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment