Tuesday, September 14, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 3 Gabriella Icely


I picked up Gabriella and Emi on Monday, then they've had their salon treatment (and I had work). 

I'm starting with Gabriella, because of course I want to save the best for last (for today). 

I have to admit though, even though I still think she's the weakest of the six, Gabriella has a lot of greatness going on. 





Accessories.

Mine has an old-style hanger. 



Straight out of the box. 




Box hair. 





Enormous brushed box hair. 


A day later, much better hair. 

Gabriella is one of the least kid-friendly dolls RH has made. So many things are difficult about her when it comes to dressing. 

The choker is fab, but it was not easy to open and only slightly easier to close. When I took it off her and put it on Emi, it worked a little easier, so it may get better the more the clasp is used. 

This dress is incredibly tight. She can barely move her legs. 

Those shoes weren't easy to get on and off either. 




She's so shiny that she doesn't photograph well. 



The coat was easy to put on the first sleeve, but then her hand got caught in the second one and popped off. I try to avoid removing RH hands, as I think they've said they're not designed for it, but thankfully it didn't break, just came off the usual way. The belt actually closed very easily, considering I usually struggle with belts on jackets. It also comes off completely, so it can be used as a regular belt. 



The jacket has some amazing details. I really wish I could let her wear it, but I prefer the first outfit. 




Second outfit with first outfit's boots. These suckers are a pain. They're gorgeous, but they're not easy to get on or off. 




Back to the first outfit. I did manage to get the jacket over the sweater, but it looks way too bulky. 


I adore her belt. It's a separate piece and has a plastic backpack-type clasp at the back. And boy, is that ever hard to open! It's tiny! 

The barrettes are also functional. What's crazy to me is that the fashion focus comes with a lot of jewelry/accessories: two barrettes, the choker, the gorgeous belt. Why did Daphne only get earrings? I wonder if Gabriella was originally the accessories focus. 



So I went from being bored by this doll to wanting her because of her slightly mean girl show character to actually really loving her doll. Addictive as always, RH.


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment