Friday, September 10, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 3 Daphne Minton


I have gotten steadily more and more excited for Daphne since she was on the show a couple episodes ago. I love that she's a gem nerd and then she's a silversmith, too. (Although...where is this reflected on the doll? Sigh. She needed more jewelry.)




Closer shot.





Back of the box. 




I got two to pick from and they're different in subtle ways. The one I'm keeping, the one pictured above, is on the bottom. 

They have slightly different lip shades. The one on top is definitely more pink. The one on top has darker freckles and the blue under her eyes is thicker. I think her eye makeup is bolder overall, but I preferred the darker pink lipstick and subtle freckles, so I chose the bottom one. 





Accessory shot. She's got the standard RH fare: stand, comb, two hangers (in the new style), and full second outfit. 




Fresh out of the box. 

These girls don't have gel anymore, but she still has box hair. 




See?





After a quick brushing. 




I love her zipper pull. 





I'm just going to take a zillion pictures of her. 




I still wish they'd crimped her hair, but she's gorgeous either way. 

She does have glitter on her eyelids, both upper and lower. Mine was a bit uneven, but it comes off easily with your fingernail, so I balanced the amount. 



Shoes. Both her pairs of shoes are cute and easy to get on and off. 



I kind of already shot this. Oh, well. 

Her top isn't my favorite. It reminds me of a sports bra. 




Jacket from the back. 






Without the jacket. She's so cute at this angle, but again, the top is definitely very sports bra. 





I like this top better, although I wish they'd stop relying on white. Why doesn't she have a mint top? They don't always need to wear jackets! Mint with silver "jewelry" would have been more fitting for her character. 




With the jacket. 




Here's the other jacket. I like the unusual material for this one, but the cut is not the most flattering thing. 

Also, it wasn't the easiest to put on.



Is it better with the pants? Eh. I think this jacket needs the skirt. 

I love these pants with the second shoes though. 



Ugh, love this. This is why I really want a mint tee for her. I love her first jacket and like the second, but she seems to look best without either. 

The first pair of shoes are cute with the pants, but I prefer the second. 





Back to the sports bra. This is cute, too. 


But we landed on this for the final look. Everything from the second outfit except the jacket from the first. 

I do love her earrings. I don't normally go for the excessive hoops, but these somehow really work for her. However, I'm really annoyed there isn't a gemstone on her. It's her thing! Come on!

Overall, I'm in love with her. She's definitely my sleeper hit for Series 3. I did not expect to love her this much. I thought her clothes were dull, but they're not and they mix and match well. I just really wish she had a mint tee! 

And now she's off to the salon to hang with Sheryl. Her hair brushes out well, but a condition might tighten up those waves.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, congrats. Can you please post a picture of the 3 green girls together? Green is my favorite color. I have various dolls on my wishlist thanks to you. The ultra white extra lights everywhere of their official pics vanish their details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll likely have time on my next days off (Wed and Thurs).

      Delete
    2. https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2022/03/rainbow-high-green-ladies.html

      Hope that helps!

      Delete