Wednesday, September 29, 2021

COLLECTION OVERVIEW: Wee Wild Things


Mattel produced this adorable line of small dolls in 1987. I collected them a long time ago, so this is my first time putting everything together and taking stock of what I have and what small bits I'm missing. I don't plan on collecting any more because I'm mostly content with what I've got. Though there's one I may upgrade. 

I'm going to start with the three deluxe dolls because I happen to have one mint on card. 

This is Trish Delish and her Small Fry Cafe. 



This is definitely my fave of the three deluxe sets. It's a fast food restaurant inside a hamburger. Come on. Perfection. 

My open set appears to only be missing the yellow comb and blue angular sunglasses. 




Similarly, we've got Lucy Watussi and her Piece O'Cake birthday party.





This one is complete.



Here's Lucy herself. 

There's another one with yellow curly hair in the basic line, but her hair is more chartreuse while Lucy's is yellow. 





And finally, we've got Lila Styla and her High-Top Beauty Shop. 



This is missing the blue comb and the stand, which would have been the same purpley-pink as the round sunglasses.

I think I have the other pieces.


Now we move on to the basic dolls. These sets came with a doll, sunglasses, stand, comb, and one larger accessory.

This is Kicky Nicky. I love her, but she's still only my fourth fave. There are three even better!




Here's Prancy Nancy and her horse. 

Gotta love the Kimber hair color.

Rhoda Soda is the other yellow-haired one I mentioned earlier, but as you can see, her hair is very different from Lucy's. This is Pizzazz-style chartreuse. 

I ended up with two Rhodas, though the one on the left is wearing Nancy's ponytail holder. 

Her booth is a little beat up. I'd consider upgrading her, but the doll is in nice shape and she's complete.


This is my girl! Rita Bonita is my fave. 

She's the only one whose larger accessory is two pieces: a vanity and a chair. (Unless you count Nancy's horse's sunglasses, which I don't.)

Rita's hair is a delightful bright orange. It looks red in some photos, but I assure you that it is gloriously orange, which is why she's my fave.



Ritzy Mitsy predicted Jurassic Park with her dino car. I'm not sure how I have two and neither set had her blue comb. Although actually several sets had blue combs, so who knows which one goes where? I have another doll of her, too, but she's not in good shape. 

So yeah, this one is missing a blue comb. 



Ruby Doobie and her sailboat. 

She's missing a yellow comb. 


Suzie Cutie! I think they missed an opportunity here, because Snoozy Suzie also works and actually rhymes. 

Suzie is my third fave overall. (So it's Rita, Trish, Suzie and Nicky.) She's the one I would upgrade. She's missing her blue stand and her bed is super sunfaded. 

And last but not least, Zany Janey! There's also a big limo playset, but I didn't buy that ever.

Overall, I've got all the main pieces and good condition dolls. I'm only missing a few combs and a couple stands. 

This line was adorable and I wish I'd gotten into them when I was a kid. I was the perfect age for them, so I'm not sure how I didn't get one. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment