Saturday, September 11, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 3 Sheryl Meyer

 

I know I showed this boxed shot yesterday, but for the sake of a complete review, here it is again. 





All of Sheryl's separate accessories. I included her earrings. Watch these things. They do like to fall out. I've got one that stays in nicely while the other drops out. 




So this is Sheryl straight out of the box. 




And this is her hideous box hair. 

I love how people made such a big deal about no gel. I mean, yeah, that's awesome, but it implies they don't need any hair work. Clearly, that is not true. 





And then you brush it and POOF. Hairsplosion. 

This is why Sheryl needed a serious condition and air dry before finishing this review. 




This glory is the result!

No matter how bad RH hair looks out of the box, it really does take minimal work to fix it. 




From the side. 





I decided to to the second outfit first, as I'm not keeping her in it. Because her clothes are inspired by Cher, I'm not mixing and matching them. It feels wrong. 

The shirt was a bit troublesome. Because it's such a sheer material, I was worried about getting her hands through, yet I also never remove RH hands because I've heard they're not meant for it. So the left sleeve was a struggle, but the right was easy. The velcro is also coming loose on one side. It's very cute, but not their best construction. 



Cute!

Oh, the shoes? Also a struggle. I was hoping for improvements in the ease of putting the shoes on and taking them off, but these were not great. I don't know if I'd recommend her wearing them with the white thigh-highs. 



The headband and earrings. 




Back to her stock. 

Here's how it looks with the second shoes and without the jacket. 




First pair of shoes without the thigh-highs. 



I'm not a huge fan of the pearls on the heels, but the little bow! UGH. So cute!




Fully accessorized. 

This is too much for me.




The belt buckle and the buttons have amazing detail.



Finalized look! Stock just without the earrings. 

Sheryl is truly adorable. I'm always a sucker for brown-eyed blondes. I've got her next to Stella on my shelves now, so they can talk about laundry.




As a little bonus, here's Daphne after her salon time. 

I didn't condition her as long as Sheryl and I didn't brush her. Her hair is just air-dried and lightly finger-combed. 




While it's not the fab crimped hair, it's not bad. 

Daphne's hair is on the thin side though. I saw someone complaining about it on Facebook. Mine doesn't show bare patches of scalp, but as you saw from her right out of the box photo yesterday, she isn't thickly-rooted. I think salon time will help her hair lie better and cover any scalp trying to peek through. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment