Tuesday, September 14, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 3 Emi Vanda


 

I always knew the "orchid" doll was gonna be my girl and then they just kept making her better and better. I'm so happy to have a girl with undeniable Japanese heritage in the line!

My Emi got a little twisted around somehow. Her skirt is open and the back is on the side. But she seemed fine when I deboxed her.




Accessories. 



This is the only time you'll see these shoes. I hate these damn shoes with super long ribbon ties. And they're not that cute anyway. What's with the gold R and H heels? Why not something art-themed? Sigh. 





Totally forgot her comb in the accessories pic, so here she is with it. 





Box hair. Not too bad. 


A lot of Emis have staining from her black hoodie and the skirt. You can see faint lines on the upper part of each arm, but most of mine's staining was on her upper left thigh. 

I'm used to staining on way more expensive dolls, so this stuff never bothers me. 




After the salon. I decided to put her cute socks on for a few pics. I wish I had shoes they'd look good with. 

The top is surprisingly nice with the skirt. I wasn't a fan of the top initially, but it's not horrible. 



The other hoodie. This thing fit super tight, so I didn't even try putting it over the long-sleeved shirt. 




I adore this black skirt! My only wish is that the suspenders could be worn up, too. They're too long. 




Both black pieces. I hate that black hoodie. I know the purse is some designer thing, but I hate it. It looks so stupid. This whole piece is just too busy, but the sleeve parts are nice. 

Her boots I quick threw on and didn't tie them on. The laces were tied in the front. 



I found this old Azone top that's perfect. Now she looks a bit more goth. Emi is another example of the purple "bad girl." Purple and darker pink are often paired with black on the characters that aren't necessarily the villain, but aren't goody-goodies either. Think Raven Queen, Mal from Descendants, Storm E Sky from Lalaloopsy, and Scarlet from Star Darlings. 




Easily my favorite RH doll. She's simply perfectly stunning. Of her clothing, I honestly only really like both skirts and the boots, but the doll herself is splendid. 



My plan for her was to put her in Daria's main dress, while Daria wears her second outfit, but I think I'm going to keep this Emi dressed like this. She's on her stand, hanging out with Moonlight (the LOL OMG) out in my living room. I'm going to buy a second Emi to wear Daria's dress once I can pick her out in the store. This one needs some fun bracelets, too. I'll have to find some. 


I love her. I knew I was going to love her. I think we all knew I was going to love her. I'm predictable sometimes. 

While I don't think she's going to be the one I pick as the overall prettiest RH doll ever (that's likely Georgia), I think it's safe to say Emi is going to be my favorite RH for possibly ever. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I saw an Amazon review that says that the suspenders can be actually worn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Maybe they got a better one than I did. Mine are definitely too long.

      Delete