Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Rainbow High Series 3 Profiles and Art




MGAE updated the Rainbow High website with profiles for the new Series 3 dolls. Finally! Woo!

"Music speaks to me, so you don't have to." I think that's the best one of these little quotes I've read. I love Daria's sass combined with the big sister aspect. 



Georgia confirmed as Southern. Thank you, MGAE, for not dropping the ball. Sure, it's punny, but if she wasn't Southern...I mean, COME ON. She just had to be. I can't wait to see her on the show. She sounds like she's going to be very entertaining. 



AS IF. 

I really do love Sheryl, though I think they should have gone all out and called her Cheryl. Why not? Just go for it. I also would have loved to have seen them include the recolored outfit the character originally wore on the show. As an extra. Just for laughs. 



Daphne is officially my sleeper for this line. I wasn't wowed by Georgia at first, but when I saw her doll, she became a fast favorite, but I never expected Daphne to skyrocket to an upper spot. Though to be fair, the order is likely Emi, Georgia, Daria, Daphne, so she's still in fourth, but only because this particular set has a lot of heavy hitters. Let's face it, these are far better than the original six. Maybe it's because we're getting more diversity right off the bat. 

Anyway, I do wish they'd crimped Daphne's hair. That's my big disappointment with her. I'm not a huge fan of her outfits, BUT I so love that she's into gems and SILVERSMITHING. What other doll is a silversmith? She was so cute in the show, too. So yeah, I'm a Daphne convert. 



Gabriella is my least favorite because she's great but again, she's in a line filled with stunners. So more basic clothing combined with the original headmold equals not as interesting. Don't get me wrong, she's still lovely, but she just can't compete. Amusingly, the character would hate that. I like that we're getting a somewhat mean girl, who also seems talented and I love the fashion tech inventor aspect. 



Okay, we all knew this was gonna be my fave, but add the Japanese heritage and I'm even more sold. In case anyone does not know, Emi is not a cutesy spelling of Emmy. It's a Japanese name, which means Emi here is the first RH East Asian character that isn't just people wishful thinking. Even better? She sounds like a total badass. Absolutely love her personality description. She is exactly my type of character. And she's not controlled by Gabriella? Love it. Though honestly, I can't see Daria being a pushover either. Hmm. I can't wait to see these new girls in more episodes and get to know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment