Saturday, September 4, 2021

REVIEW: Itty Bitty Prettys Series 2



Itty Bitty Prettys Series 2 has been at my much farther Walmart for a couple weeks. I wanted to do a pick up order for them, but I just haven't been able to work it into my few days off. So I was very thankful that Amazon put them up! They're sold in sets of 2, which is a bit odd, but sure, why not? $19.99 per pair and this is how they're packaged.




Packaging. 





Checklist for the smaller cups. 

As you can see, now they're doing an ultra rare. SIGH. They were fine without one. Especially because they took one of the coolest ones from the first series and her recolor is the ultra rare. 





Checklist for the big cup. 

I'm not sure if this will be like the first series, where you knew which pair you were getting depending on the pink lid or blue lid of the package. I still need to buy those for Series 1! Argh. 



So these are just like the first set. You open the bottom of the teacup and there's a saucer stand, a packet of neat "slime" which is more like nicely-scented fluff, a checklist, and a pouch that has the doll's teacup and those pop-out charm things. Inside the teacup are the doll and a tea bag that contains her outfit pieces. Pieces like hats or glasses are in with the doll. 

So Pearl here was the first one I opened. These dolls are all brand new dolls with new hair colors and hairstyles, but they're all wearing recolors of outfits from Series 1. 

They did a decent job with making them look different. You can see the different headmolds here on these two, the hair is completely different, and so are the outfit colors. Pearl's shoes are 2 colors, while Bubbleena's are solid. 




Twinkle T was my next one. 

I don't hate this one, but she's near the bottom. I do like the lavender and white with the red hair though. 



Twinkle T and Sweet-Tea. (Series 2 will always be on the left in these shots and Series 1 on the right.)

Sweet-Tea has more intricate hair, while Twinkle just has bangs. 

I like that Sweet has tights and Twinkle doesn't. 

They look adorable standing together.






Tailor here was my sleeper. I thought she looked silly in the art, but her hair is such a cool texture that it elevates her. And she's far cuter in person. Still decidedly silly, but a good kind of silly. 


Here's Tailor with Saucer. (Poor thing has the worst name.) 

I like how they somehow have the same vibe despite being totally different. Saucer didn't come with that bracelet so there's no piece missing from Tailor. 



I opened another Twinkle T next, and then I got to Whisker here. 

I was worried at this point. While these four are all cute, they were none of the ones I really wanted and I only had three more to go. 


I appreciate that these two are drastically different. I wish they'd done more pairs like this. Pearl would have looked really cute darker-skinned, for example.

Poor Whisker's hat doesn't stay on because it was designed to work with Kit-T-Kat's ponytail. 

Kit-T-Kat's gold jewelry is an addition, so Whisker isn't missing pieces.




I squealed when I saw the pearly accessories. My initial thought was that this was Mixi, the ultra rare, but then I remembered that she was a recolor of Spice, not Roxette. Then I squealed again, because it's actually Bandi here and not Mixi who's my favorite. 

I LOVE HER HAIR. 



Augh, they're so cute! I think Bandi is by far the best one from Series 2. Mixi and Onyx both look amazing, but without them in hand, I can say that Bandi is my fave by far. I honestly don't think either one I don't have has hair as cool as Bandi's. 


I don't display the doll-size cups for the most part, but I make an exception for the badass skull cup. 

Bandi's goggles do not fit if you push them from the top of her head. You have to close them and then ease them up from her feet to her head. Although some other Bandis may not have issues. You can see how warped mine's goggles strap is. 


Blossom was my last new one. The last one I opened was another Tailor. So I still need Onyx and I'd love to get Mixi someday. I'll have to order more when I get more fun money, though it may have to wait until after I get RH Series 3. 

Still, there are only 7 dolls and 1 rare, so out of 8, I got 6 unique ones. That's really not bad. 




Blossom and Whisker both have crimped hair. 

Blossom's has a cute blue streak that's this odd type of shinier hair. You can see it on Pearl and Roxette up above. Pearl's darker pink hair is super shiny and Roxette's twists are the same.  





Shiny wings.






Blossom with Sipper-Ella. 


With their goofy glasses. Sipper-Ella's are a little more shiny on the white part. I think they look cuter on her than on Blossom.

Very pleased with these, even though they're recolors of Series 1. They're still well-detailed and adorable. I mean, they already have more hair texture than Rainbow High. 

If anyone wants my extra Twinkle T and Tailor, let me know. They're still mostly sealed. I'd love to trade for Onyx, but I'm not sure if anyone is collecting these. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments: