Thursday, September 9, 2021

REVIEW: Hairdorables Kaleidoscope



Thanks to one of the lovely members of my Hairdorables Facebook group, I was able to get the new Kaleidoscope series! These are so far only sold at BJ's. $19.99 each. 

To save on shipping costs, we decided to leave only one boxed and I picked Noah for that. (Because if a box was getting crushed onto anyone's face, I wanted it to be her.) So here's the box. 



The back is just art. 

I actually opened Noah last, but I'm going to review her first. May as well start with the worst one. 




Noah is the only one with tinsel. So first she intrudes into this line and kicks out Brit and Emily, and then she gets tinsel while the others don't. 

However in this case, that's to their advantage. This tinsel sucks. I don't mind it in the four braided sections, but the two random blonde chunks loaded with tinsel are awful. Totally out of control. They should have put it in the blonde underlayer of her hair. 








Accessories. 



 


And then we've got the wonderful headband that won't stay put. This thing flies off like a rubberband. I finally got it to somewhat stay by tucking the edges under.



Oversized ridiculousness. 



Not cute glasses. 

Her dress is cute though. But the belt and stand don't like each other. You have to fiddle around to make it work. 

Not a fan of the shoes. If you're going for boot covers, make them longer. 




With the purse. This is the only one of the three kaleidoscope purses I don't like. 

Am I picking on Noah extra because I would have preferred Emily and Brit? No, honestly I'm not. She's just not that great. I don't get how Just Play still treats her like a special character when her dolls mostly shelf sat when they were offered singly. 



Now for dolls I like better! 

Ah, Sallee. At least Neila and Sallee, my original faves, got Hairmazing-style dolls. 

Note that Hairmazing is no longer the name for this line though. 



Accessories first this time. 

I tried putting those earrings on her and the post bent immediately, so I just tucked them in a storage box. They're actually pretty cool as these oversized earrings go, but I'm not going to break a post off in her ear. 




Straight off the plastic liner. 




Not the best glasses. Of course, they're not really her style either. I just don't see Sallee as the heart-shaped glasses girl. 





The can of paint is definitely the best kaleidoscope purse. Or maybe it's supposed to be an actual can of paint and just also functions as the gimmick.



Cute face! I love her. But then, that was a given. 




The art that looks absolutely nothing like the doll. 

I'm not sure why they made her tan when only one Rayne has ever been tan. Plus, she's in a line with Noah and Sallee, who are always tan. Not that we couldn't have three tan dolls, but it's just not likely in doll world. 

So the doll is much paler and the hair is much darker. 



I got Rayne just to get what will likely be her only Hairmazing-style doll...but then I totally fell for her. 

She's awesome. 



Gah, so cute. 

I love her face and I want to see her eyes, but I cannot take these sunglasses off her. 

The earrings aren't horrible, but they didn't stay on. I'm worried about the sturdiness of those posts, so be careful, guys. 


She's SO FUN. 

The wheels actually roll on the skates so she tends to slide into all these great poses on her own. I did end up putting the jacket back on her and made the bag into a crossbody. I was going to take a pic of all three at the end, but Noah's damn headband kept flying off, so it didn't end up happening. 

I do love these two (Noah obviously less so) and I'm so thankful I found someone nice to help me get them. I'm not sure what the future of this line is, if it has any at all, but I'm glad they were able to squeak out this release. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment