Friday, June 2, 2017

REVIEW: Tangled The Series Rapunzel & Cassandra 2-pack

I haven't watched the new Tangled series yet, but I may do just that today. However, as soon as I saw the new doll designs, I knew I'd have to have Cassandra. I almost bought them from the Disney Store website, but yesterday, my mom and I took a mini road trip and one of the places we visited was the Disney Store Outlet almost an hour away. I was pleased to see they had all the series toys and I left with this set. I should have bought the regular Rapunzel and plush Cassandra, too, but I decided to wait.


The set costs $29.99 and is Disney Store only, of course.

The Rapunzel doll is super cute and has her hair bound in Princess Jasmine style. I love the red beads around each section and the little flower comb in her hair.


Rapunzel also has the added bonus of poseable hair! There's a felt-covered wire running through all that which allows you to pose her hair any way you want! It's pretty cool.

The dolls feature a new body with more articulation that any Disney Store doll I own.









Here's Rapunzel showing you her new knee joint. Yep, two points of articulation in one knee.


The body also has a torso joint, plus removable hands for easy redressing.

It's really nice body and I could see people wanting this body for other dolls except for one problem: finding shoes for those huge flat feet is not gonna be easy.

I've got to give them points for the dress, too, because I fully expected to be covered in glitter, but it didn't shed.





Cassandra is absolutely the reason I bought this set. She's got the cutest face and I love her style. Her outfit design and colors are excellent. And if the set wasn't $30, I'd buy another to redress in goth style. She's got a little bit of a cartoon Lydia Deetz with her hair down vibe.

Cassandra's black gloves did stain her hands a bit. I normally don't like mitten gloves, but I ended up putting them back on her.


She comes with two weapons: a small dagger that slides nicely into her belt and stays there and a sword. She's able to hold the sword both with her gloves on and off. I struggled with getting it on over the glove, but then it popped on and it's pretty stable.


Cassandra has the same body as Rapunzel, only her painted undies are brown instead of purple.

I did have to spend some time washing the gel out of her hair. I held the two curls to the side and just rinsed out the back. There are still traces of gel, since they used so much, but they help hold her style in place.

Both of these dolls are nice additions to the Disney line. I love the poseability and their cartoony, expressive faces. They've made me really want to watch the cartoon, so I think I will this afternoon! And then I'll probably really want to order the basic Rapunzel doll and plush Cassandra that I should have just gone ahead and gotten yesterday. Ha!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment