Saturday, June 24, 2017

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Starfire action figure

I don't buy many of the DCSG action figures, because I found the initial batch not that great. I have Harley, who I love as she looks more like her animated counterpart than the doll, and Ivy, who's much less appealing. Then Katana came out and she's fabulous! Mattel is following in Katana's footsteps of excellence with Starfire.

I bought Starfire on Amazon for the rather horrible price of $18.11. These figures retail for $11.99 on there and the older ones are all always marked down. I was shocked to see the $18.11 price from Amazon itself and not from a dealer. I've written them about it, having received the figure and confirmed that she is indeed just the usual 6" action figure. We'll see if I ever get an answer, because the first reply I got was copy and paste bull.


Starfire is a rather static action figure. She's held back posing-wise because of her skirt and hair, but you can still do a lot with her.

She's articulated at her shoulders, elbows and wrists, so her arm poseability is great.

The starbolt can be clipped onto either arm. It looks a bit goofy in my opinion.


Although to be fair, it is not nearly as ugly as the 12" doll's starbolt. And that thing was not only ugly, it mashed her hand! The action figure's just clips on, which is nice.

Starfire's also got articulated knees and you can turn her boots from side to side for different foot poses. Her hips are jointed, but they don't have much movement thanks to the skirt.








I really can't hate on the skirt though, because this is a far better rendition of her outfit than the doll's.

I think the only details missing are the silver soles and buckles on her boots.






Starfire's hair is also more accurate to the cartoon. I love how it fades into the yellow and really looks more like fire than her doll's.

Bonus points for the red-brown eyebrows, which are like the cartoon's, unlike the doll's purple brows. Although the doll got the purple eyeshadow right and the figure has reddish-brown.

I really love this figure! She makes me hope Frost is next in line for a figure (after Hawkgirl, who's starting to appear from seriously overpriced dealers), because then they can make her look like the show in areas where the doll failed.

Amazon still has her in stock, but their prices has elevated even more to $21.76. I can't believe they're charging more for an $11.99 figure than for the 12" action dolls! I really hope they answer me, because if they keep doing this to new toys, I'm gonna have a fit!

THE CREDITS OF THE PHOTOS: Are the mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment