Sunday, June 18, 2017

REVIEW: Enchantimals Sage Skunk


I learned that ToysRUs.com has an Enchantimals multipack for $44.99 that contains the skunk, lamb, fox, peacock, pink bunny and monkey dolls. Yeah, you can get the monkey without the cart. It was in stock online, but I have a $40 Mattel voucher, so I decided to check my store first. 

And I was not disappointed!

While we did not have the multipack, we did have the basics out, plus the deluxe ones (the ones with multiple animals), the monkey cart, the turtle bike and the panda house. I gleefully scooped up a load and brought them home! 








I did not see the single-packed koala or the 2-pack of the yellow bunny and deer. I also left the panda, because while I want her, I couldn't justify $39.99 on top of what I was already getting. The next time I have a coupon though! And I also left the deluxe bear pack there, because her eyes looked weird. I think they were placed too high. 

Unfortunately, my reviews are going to be a bit staggered, because my camera battery died right in the middle of Sage's photos. I charged it enough to finish up with her, but now I'll be taking photos of all the toys boxed, then opening them all while my battery keeps charging. 

Anyway. Sage is my favorite of the line, which should surprise absolutely none of you. Black and white theme. Half-shaved head. Yeah. 

She has one side of her head painted black and her little ear pops up out of it, but doesn't lie flush with her scalp, which is a bit odd. I may put something around the ear to hide that. If you're detail-picky, check her scalp. Mine's black paint doesn't meet the molded line on her head, but I love this character design so much that I don't care. And she was the only one of her there.




Her hair is a choppy fall of black and white. 

She has a fur tail just like her pet skunk. These appear to attach with strings into the body somehow. You can turn Sage's tail so it stands up or lies down. 

Her makeup is several different shades of purple, some pinky-purple. Her eyes are purple and she has a large white blaze on her face leading down into a little black nose. 

Also...are you sitting down? 

THEY MADE HER EYEBROWS GRAY. HER EYEBROWS ARE NOT BROWN. MATTEL MADE EYEBROWS THAT ARE NOT BROWN.

Weird, huh? 


The pet skunk is so cute! According to the website, her name is Caper. I wanted to get a better pic, but I was getting fed up with the battery by this point, so this one will have to do. 

Okay, I'll be back with more as soon as I can. We have a lot of ground to cover!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

RECOMMENDED LINKS: 

No comments:

Post a Comment