Thursday, June 15, 2017

REVIEW: Enchantimals Bree Bunny

Apologies to anyone on my Flickr who saw the teaser for Bree back on Saturday, when I promised to review her after work. I got caught up in LOL fever, then work, then my dog had minor surgery today.

Anyway, Bree Bunny is the only Enchantimals character on Amazon right now, so I bought her, even though she's not my favorite. Or to be honest, she was my least favorite of the designs shown.


These single-packed Enchantimals cost $7.99 each, which I think is a fair price for a small doll with these details and a pet.

Bree has articulation at the standard points: neck, shoulders and hips.

Her skirt is removable, as are her shoes. The white fur stole is held on by a plastic band, which I didn't want to remove, but that outfit piece is removable, too.

Bree's ears are stuck into her head. They're not on a headband or anything like that.

Her hair is an off-center ponytail. It's creased from being strapped down in the box.

Bree is about 6 inches tall from the top of her head to the bottom of her shoes. If you count her ears, she's 7 inches. So these are a much smaller scale than the similar Ever After High pixies. I measured Foxanne and she's 9 inches from the tips of her ears to the bottoms of her boots.

Here she is with Veronicub.

I'm personally glad they're smaller, because I can fit more small dolls on one shelf and they cost less!


Bree has very detailed paint on her face. She's got white around her eyes as well as around her mouth, plus whiskers and a little pink nose with a line leading down to her pink lipsticked mouth.

In typical Mattel fashion, her eyebrows are brown. Why they so rarely match the eyebrows, I will never understand.


If you remove her skirt, you'll notice a molded line around Bree's torso. Not sure I like this, but I'm used to it from the Shoppies. It's weird seeing it on a Mattel doll though. Maybe it's to help the skirt sit in place, but her tail does that well enough.

Her tail is placed high on her back, not where I would have put it, but again, it's Mattel.


Instead of putting her tail lower and making a slot in the skirt for it to fit through and thus hold the skirt in place so they wouldn't need that weird torso mold line, they stuck it where it will show above her skirt. In the middle of her back. Sigh. Oh, well.

Bree's bunny is so adorable. I'm going to love the pets in this line, possibly more than a lot of the main dolls.

So let's hit the main points.









These dolls are small, have basic articulation and have odd body details, but also are cheap and have cute pets. I like the idea of the line. Animals are one of those themes I'm a sucker for and there are some characters, like Sage Skunk, that I really can't wait to own. Are they on par with Mattel's other lines? No, but then again, they're a small doll line, not a fashion doll line. They're cute enough for what they are and they're something cheap I can enjoy buying without feeling guilty for dropping $100 on a single line.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see the real name for the actual bunny:Veronicub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronicub is from the Ever After High line. Bree's bunny is named Twist.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I thought it was Twist. BTW my favorites are Bree and, yours, Sage.

      Delete