Wednesday, June 7, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies World Vacation Jessicake


I got my three Shoppies World Vacation dolls from Toys R Us today. I give the highest recommendation to their ebay branch. I got the free shipping, because my order was over $29. When I've done that on the website, it's been super slow, but these were incredibly fast AND shipped FedEx Home, not Smartpost. Good job, TRU ebay. 

I'm starting with Jessicake because she's my least favorite of the trio. I've passed on her previous dolls, but this one's world theme and red hair streaks won me over.


She's one of those times where I think the art is much cuter than the doll. The loss of the more painted details on the headband and shoes bring the doll down a bit, and her headband sits rather oddly on her head, which doesn't happen in the art.


The headband gives her kind of a square head. 

Her hair is also the worst of the three. The ponytail's just a bit scraggly, even after brushing. 

I do love the contrast of the lighter blue with the bright red though. And her outfit is pretty cute. 

Each of the dolls comes with a stand, a luggage tag, a paper passport, two Shopkins, and a fantastic suitcase. The suitcase opens, the little handle pulls up or collapses and there's even a tiny loop on the end of the handle that can be moved. The wheels even work! 




I don't know why, but I really appreciate good details on doll luggage. 

Jessicake's Shopkins are okay. Nothing to write a postcard home about. That's pretty much how I feel about her in general. A nice doll, but she's just completely overshadowed by Macy and Sue.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment