Wednesday, June 7, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies World Vacation Spaghetti Sue

Spaghetti Sue and Kirstea were my first two Li'l Shoppies. (Sara Sushi was sold out, otherwise she would have been there, too.) Sue's still one of my faves. I love her pasta hair.

So I was pretty excited when I learned she'd be getting a big doll for this line! And she doesn't disappoint!

Sue's my favorite, but really only by a hair over Macy, since Macy's like the sleeper hit of the line for me. I expected to like Sue. I didn't expect to like Macy as much as I do.


Anyway! Sue's art is lovely. I like the dreamy quality to it.

I love her color scheme. The nice bright yellow of her hair (which also has lighter blonde streaks), her neon green eyes, her dress with its red, white, yellow, black and green, the red and yellow shoes. She's not got a speck of pink or purple on her and that's typically a yay in my book. I love red a lot and always feel it should be used more.


Sue does have some unusual hair though. The twist up in front is no problem, but there's a thick one that's supposed to flop over her head. I accidentally undid all her head rubberbands as I was deboxing, so I had to cobble together a hairdo on my own.

Definitely not my strongest point!

I ended up running the braid over the top of her head and using the band at its bottom to attach to some of the hair on that side. So now her hair on the left is supporting the fat braid.






I think it looks pretty good for someone who's not good with hair at all.

Gah, her outfit is so cute. Did you see the farfalle on her shoes? That's a pasta shape I've usually heard called bowtie, but the Italian name comes from the word for "butterfly," which also works.








Sue has a really sweet expression. I love her makeup colors, too. But my favorite detail you might not be able to make out. She's got a squiggle of pasta running through each of her green irises!

She's a nice, happy girl. I like her posed waving arm.








She comes with the same pieces as the others. I love her Shopkins!

Now's probably the time that I should mention that I just made a ton of pasta at work this morning and my job is one of the reasons I adore Sue so much!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment