Friday, June 2, 2017

REVIEW: Kuu Kuu Harajuku Baby doll

Baby and Music popped into stock VERY briefly on Amazon. I'm not sure of the total number of dolls they had on hand, but when I saw them, there was only one of each left, and I'd only just checked the listings less than 20 minutes earlier. I clicked on Music right away, but I'd missed out on her. I did manage to get the last Baby though and she arrived today.

I have been obsessively checking the listings ever since Monday afternoon when this happened. I have not seen either come back in stock even once. I am still without Music, who is far and away my favorite character, and I'm pretty livid about it. They got loads of the first three in, made us wait way too long for these two, then barely got any in, so I'm still stuck without my fave. Urgh.


I prayed to the dolly gods that Baby would be okay. I opened the package today and breathed a sigh of relief. No lip rubs. No bad eyes. One is a tiny bit lower, but it's pretty much perfect for this line and it's poor quality control. I checked her hands. One right, one left. Then I opened the box.

And saw this:












Yep. Two left boots.

I mean, honestly, if I'd noticed it before I opened, I would have opened her anyway. Getting one of these dolls with decent eyes and lips is that hard. I'm going to just buy another once they hit stores and go on sale. Then I'll use that one for a fashion pack and give this one the right boot. I did write Mattel and ask if they had a spare right boot, but you know I'll probably just get sent another voucher.


Anyway. Baby is really cute. I love her hair. They did the same stupid thing they did to Love's barrettes and stuck them in with all this plastic, but I took that out. Unlike Love, Baby's hair is not shellacked, so I was able to put these on like regular barrettes. She wears the little pop-in of herself and the gold bow. The other two are a pink donut and gold bunny head. I didn't take a pic of the kid-sized accessories. You can see them in the boxed shot.

Baby's kneepads are the same mold as Love's and her boots are similar to Love's, as well.

I'm pleased to have the four members of HJ5, but it would be really nice to get Music here! I just want my fave, Mattel, Amazon, come on!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment