Saturday, June 3, 2017

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Intergalactic Gala Starfire

Quickie review today! I received my Intergalactic Gala Starfire from Amazon.com a few minutes ago.

Starfire is one of three dolls in the Intergalactic Gala line. Can you guess who the other two are? If you said Wonder Woman and Supergirl, you are correct. And if you grumbled that these two really don't need their fortieth dolls, especially when they each already got an Origins doll, you are also correct.


Starfire is, in my opinion, the only decent doll in this set. She has an outfit that I like even more than her signature, unlike Wonder Woman and Supergirl, whose outfits look on the cheap side. I like that Starfire actually has a full skirt, not some flaps of fabric over something short underneath. (Which Origins Supergirl already did.)


I love the colors, especially on the skirt part of her gown.

Her tiara is nice, because it isn't something we've seen before, unlike what the other two dolls have.

Is it a tiara if it's worn across the forehead? Sailor Moon says so, so I'm just gonna go with it.


Intergalactic Gala Starfire is very regal, while still retaining her Starfire cuteness. There isn't a bit of this outfit that I don't like.

I don't have any complaints about the doll, except that she's the same doll as the signature, but we've come to expect that from this line.

They could have done a little something with her hair, but they don't even seem capable of that on a regular basis. Sigh.





She's still awesome though. It's just that one of this line's biggest failings is not varying the makeup colors and hairstyles, which is not typical of Mattel lines at all.

Considering I know we've got a 2-pack of Starfire and her sister Blackfire coming up, I wish they'd put the Gala doll with Blackfire, instead of repeating the signature. Another poor decision on Mattel's part, because that would have opened up a space in the Gala line for, oh say BUMBLEBEE for a change.

I actually haven't watched the movie yet, but I know I saw Bee in a funky dress in the trailer.






Anyway, Starfire is super cute and in a great outfit. I'm glad I have her and she's now standing in front of her sig doll, since I like her better. I'm passing on the other two, because they're not as well-done and because I don't need a third doll of each character on my shelf. I'm trying to limit the number of repeats I have, so I'll buy the sig doll and then another only if it's really special (like Origins Wondy) or if it's a lesser-used character and I want to support them (like the upcoming Mission Gear Poison Ivy).

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a second outfit with the one she comes with? They promoted that....like is it reversible? Are pieces removeable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I do remember reading that, but I don't know how it would work. The cape does have a gap in it that's got velcro and the silver detail at the bottom of it does look like it should be on the outside, not the inside, but the cape is sewn to the top at the shoulders. It's a long dress with a cape sewn on. I'm not sure what it's supposed to transform into.

      Delete