Friday, January 6, 2017

REVIEW: Shibajuku Girls Series 2 Yoko

I learned a few days ago that the current Target toy reset includes their assortment of Shibajuku Girls. I was expecting Koe, the only one not released at Toys R Us, to be included, but had no idea what else they would get. Consider me still utterly shocked that their assortment includes Series 2 dolls!

The four that seem to be appearing at the moment are Series 1 Yoko, Series 1 Shizuka, Series 2 Yoko and Series 2 Suki. They're $24.99 each and the DPCI is 086-14-0724.

Series 2 Shizuka and Series 2 Koe are also shown in the lineup, leaving Series 1 Koe still conspicuously absent.








However, the presence of the six girls on the back doesn't mean Target's going to get them all. Series 1 Koe is pictured on the boxes of the dolls sold at Toys R Us, but she will not be sold there. So where will S2 Shizuka and Koe show up? Who knows?

This Yoko makes me extremely happy, because I learned about Series 2 right when the US was first getting Series 1. While I like my S1 Yoko, I was annoyed that she spoke of spooky thing and skull hairclips and came with nothing spooky whatsoever. This Yoko has a skull on her dress, bats on her socks, and her hairclips are bats flying in front of a full moon, an adorable silver bat, a blue guitar (she's a guitarist) and a pink skull. This doll seems a lot more suited to the character description.


Yoko has long, straight white hair with a lot of black streaks. It's in a side part and the quality of the hair is excellent. It's a little dry at the ends, but mostly, it's sleek and smooth. Better than my other two dolls' hair.

Her eyebrows are a very unusual dark gray and her eyes have gone from blue to gray. Her lipstick is a bit darker pink than both my Suki's and other Yoko's. She still wears the same glitter eyeshadow.


I didn't care for the pink shirt, so I swapped it with Series 1 Yoko's black shirt, which looks great under the black and gray striped dress. I love the crossed straps on the back of the dress, but I do have a mild complaint and that is that it's too short! The skirt is rather flippy and a pair of black shorts or panties underneath would have been good. I'll be getting her a pair from my doll clothing box the next time I get it out.


Yoko shared her hairclips with her new friends. The only one not shown is the blue guitar, which I stuck in Series 1 Yoko's hair after the pictures were finished. It's a bit of an overkill, but she can wear it until I give it to another doll.

I was going to rename one of my Yokos, but the name suits both, so they're different girls with the same name. That happens frequently enough in real life, after all.

Overall, I absolutely love this doll and I can't imagine they'll come out with another Sihbajuku that I love more. Even though I questioned what they were doing with the Toys R Us release and changes, I'm very pleased they made the decision to bring out some of the Series 2 girls early for us. I'm so happy to have this girl so soon!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine, all mine.

5 comments:

  1. I was surprised too! My local Target has S2 Yoko, only 1, so I grabbed her. I'm still on the hunt for Koe, however, she seems to elude most of us from what I am reading. Good luck to us on our hunt-Thanks for the Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Series 1 Koe isn't anywhere in the US yet. Series 2 is up on Target.com, but not available for order yet. I assume she'll be in Targets eventually, but she doesn't seem part of their initial assortment.

      I was supposed to get S2 Koe and Miki today, but USPS marked my package as delivered and then didn't deliver a thing! I'm hoping it comes on Tuesday, but I already reordered Miki just in case. Koe unfortunately is now out of stock, so if they lost my package somewhere, I won't be able to get her for who knows how long. I'm seriously livid and I've opened a case with USPS about this. It's ridiculous the poor service these Sunday people get away with and no one does a thing about it.

      Delete
    2. well, hopefully your mix-up gets resolved PDQ. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for your dolls to get delivered tomorrow-looking forward to seeing pics & more reviews.

      Delete
  2. Awesome post...would love to see you in our Shibajuku Collectors Facebook group! It is brand new and we could use your input! Hope to chat with you more there :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1765217717139335/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I'm not very active on Facebook, but I'll check it out.

      Delete