Wednesday, January 18, 2017

REVIEW: Lalaloopsy Storm E Sky

Storm E Sky quickly became my favorite Lalaloopsy character when she debuted in the Lalaloopsy Girls movie, so I was super excited when I learned that she would finally make the transition from Lalaloopsy Girl to regular Lalaloopsy.

I've had her listing on my Amazon wishlist since I first saw the link and I was lucky enough to catch her in stock a couple days ago. I bought the second to last one and she arrived today!


Storm E is an unusual Lalaloopsy character, because she's not the overly bubbly happy type like the majority of the characters. Storm E was stitched together from wisps of a rain cloud and she loves to play guitar.

She was one of the main characters in the Lalaloopsy Girls cartoon, facing off against Jewel Sparkles. I haven't watched the new series yet, but from what little clips I've seen, she may still be clashing with Jewel.


Storm E has very curly purple hair with a dark pink streak. The bang part waves across her forehead and is attached to her right pigtail with a clear rubberband. I do think her hair would have been better captured in the old Lala style with the vinyl hair, but I also like this look and I'll take any Storm E I can get.

Seriously, there are multiple characters like this and I love them all. Stormy from Rainbow Brite is the original storm-themed outsider. Stormy from Winx Club originated the cloud-shaped hair with lightning bolt bangs. Voltessa from the Lanard Fairykins is a lot like Winx's Stormy. And now Storm E Sky is back with more cloud-inspired hair than her Girls counterpart.





Storm E's outfit is all one piece, but does well to look like a t-shirt under a vest paired with a skirt. I really adore the new boots. I know I've said this before, but I'm so utterly thrilled these new girls can stand on their own! Storm E is on my coffee table as I type this, waiting for me to get back to rereading my old YA 90s horror books. Ah, Christopher Pike.

Anyway! Cat came along with Storm E, but is now called Cool Cat to distinguish him from Jewel's Cat.

He's adorable, just like he used to be in the Girls line. I normally prefer the more unusual pets in the line. My faves from the regular Lalaloopsys are Prairie's Cactus, Pickles' Hot Dog, Haley's Alien and Furry's Monster. Cool Cat may be just a cat, but he ranks right up there with those faves. Between the storm angle and the gothy angle, I'm in.








So all in all, I love Storm E Sky and everyone should totally get her. Heh.

PHOTO CREDITS: She's mine mine mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment