Friday, January 20, 2017

REVIEW: Shibajuku Girls Miki

Miki is the newest Shibajuku Girls character, debuting in Series 2 of the dolls. As of right now, I'm not sure she's going to come out in the US. Toys R Us's selection is Series 1 Yoko, Suki, Shizuka and tan Namika. Target's current selection seems to be Series 1 and Series 2 Yoko, Series 1 Shizuka and Series 2 Suki. However, both Series 2 Shizuka and Series 2 Koe are pictured on the back of the box and listed on Target.com. I don't think anyone's found either of those yet, but it seems likely they'll be there eventually.

Miki is not pictured on the Target boxes, so when a third party seller on Amazon had her for $39 with Prime shipping, I ordered her and also Series 2 Koe, who will arrive tomorrow. Both were actually supposed to be here on Sunday, but my package was marked as delivered and never showed up.





Miki's Australian box shows the full Series 2 lineup. It also proclaims that her favorite thing is...sports. Miki looks about as into sports as Series 1 Yoko looked spooky.

As in not very.

The only remotely sporty thing about Miki are her socks with the stripes at the top and even that's stretching it. I'm guessing a future doll will actually have a sports theme and I'll likely pass on that one. I love this version and I don't love sporty dolls, so I'm glad they made her this way.


Miki has white-blonde hair with a few blue streaks and blue eyes. She wears blue eyeshadow and is the only character other than Yoko to have her eyes completed encircled in black.

I love her top! This is hands down my favorite Shibajuku piece. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a cat or a monster, but it reminds me of Uglydolls and it's just plain adorable. Her cloud skirt is also really cute.


Miki comes with four hairclips, like all the girls. Her shapes are a cute blue ghost, a broken heart, a pink bone with blue rhinestones and a simple barrette with pink rhinestone hearts. Again, not a single sports-themed thing anywhere. I have only the ghost in her hair, but I think my blue-haired Series 2 Koe will look cute with the bone.

My Shibajukus are little sets of friends. Series 1 Yoko and Series 1 Suki are best friends, while Series 2 Yoko and Miki are best friends. Not sure which group Series 2 Koe is going to be part of. We'll see when she gets here tomorrow.




Miki is really gorgeous. I'm very glad they made another character without the eyeliner all the way around her eyes. I think Yoko and Miki are far prettier than the other girls with all that liner. Honestly, I don't think we needed another blonde after both Koe and Shizuka, but Miki's better than both of them, so I can't really complain that much.

If you want her, I suggest grabbing her on Amazon like I did. $39 isn't bad for a doll that had to be imported from Australia before being sold here. And who knows how long it will be before we see her on toy shelves here in the US? We still have no word on when Series 1 Koe is coming!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Found Series 2 Shizuka at Walmart, along with Suki and Yoko

    ReplyDelete