Saturday, August 1, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Violet Willow







Ah, from the strongest doll to the weakest.

Poor Violet. I don't want to be underwhelmed by her, but I am. I'm not even whelmed. I'm distinctly underwhelmed. 

I don't even like her name. I keep calling her Willow instead of Violet. 


Okay, first outfit. 

I think she's the only one that kept some hint of these girls' origins as part of the Poopsie line. Those dripping stars look Poopsie to me. 




Second outfit. Much cuter.




Same problem with the socks that Poppy had, although these were a bit easier to handle. 

The dress is super tight. And it sheds sequins like crazy. 

Would anyone even wear socks with a dress like this? Even if they were shimmery? I dunno. I'm not into fashion outside my tiny area of interest. 

I don't like the shoes either. They're my least favorite pair in the line. It's the blobby white bits on the heels. I hate those.









With the furry jacket. This thing is actually pretty cool.




Second dress and second pair of shoes. 

I like the design of these shoes, but they don't fit right. The heels on these girls are a little too large and Violet's toes just do not fit properly in these. 




Aha, it took this long to get me to like her. I do love this jacket, although I would have given up a little attention to detail on the belt part. I could not get it completely fastened. How they expect kids to do this is beyond me. 

Something about this is reminiscent of Mal trying to be extra Auradon. 

Now I don't know if you've been able to see them, but Violet's bangs are really weird. The pinky-purple part is in the front and it lays nicely. Then there are these blue-purple streaks, but they're rooted back farther. They looked okay when they still had gel on them, but when I was washing the rest of her hair out, they got wet. So when it dried, they stuck up in a bunch of different angles. I had to cut them off. They're beyond my limited styling skills. So now she just has the pink-purple bangs. 

Another note: That may not have happened if I hadn't removed the partial ponytail she had going on. She had that kind of Frankie Stein hairstyle with the little bit pulled back. And while it was okay on Frankie (sort of...sorry, Frankie), I tend to despise that hairstyle. So yeah, treat with caution with 
Violet's hair. 









I must say though that her blend of hair colors is gorgeous! The pic doesn't do them justice. 

So yeah, my least favorite of the line by far. Would I have skipped her if I had seen them in stores? Maybe. Probably not though, because I would have wanted the almost full rainbow. (It's not complete til we get Indigo.)

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. My husband surprised me with Jade and Sunny for our anniversary. I know want them all right now! I had showed him the line while we were in bed a couple of days ago and he went to Target and found those two. I could have waited for their since I have so many other expenses in the pipeline, but now I feel like I need them now. My issue is some of the QC issues some people are posting on their reviews (hence why I always love your honest reviews), should I just wait for them to go on sale or get them now? I'm having a dilemma because even though they have those issues, you get so MUCH for $26.99.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you got the best two right away! Maybe try ordering one and see how it goes? I think I've seen people mentioning eye issues, but mine seem okay.

      Delete
  2. Excellent advise. I might get Skyler next cause I'm partial to blue and her hair is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Violet in the package, shes soo beautiful. But after removing her from the box her hair was badly chopped up at the back!! Sooo disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete