Saturday, August 1, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Jade Hunter

 
There we go, I remembered a boxed pic for these last two RH reviews.

Okay, to be completely honest, I was not into Jade. I bought her last because she wasn't available right away, but I wasn't in a hurry for her either. 

I love green, so why? Well, it's the clothes. I get that she's basically dolly Billie Eilish and I get Billie's point behind her style, but that doesn't mean I find it aesthetically pleasing in the least. Oversized sporty clothes and giant lumpy sneakers are just not my thing. 






Blah blah accessories. 

These girls do each come with a comb. I never remembered to put them in the pictures. I have a pic of all six of them laid out in a rainbow though that I'm saving for my Best Of/Worst Of post. I'll likely be working on that Wednesday or so.  







The second outfit got photographed first.









And the stock outfit. 





Stock outfit. 

This is the only time you'll see that hat on her, because it loves to pop off. They even made the damn hat too tight. 








Jade wears the same earrings as Sunny, which I do love, though I also find it rather conflicting with her shirt. Anti-Sparkle Sparkle, but she's got some sparkle sparkle on her ears. 







Gotta say I'm a fan of the tee though. I do like that one of these girls isn't into extremely form-fitting clothes. 

The shorts have grown on me a lot, too. 

The shoes though. No.



The translucent soles were an interesting idea, but it's weird to me that you can see her foot inside the shoe and it's not exactly where it's supposed to be. 

I really wouldn't hate these so much if not for the sloppy writing on them. Okay, put the word "rainbow" on everything, but not in bubble letters that look like a toddler drew them. 





So sloppy. Ick. 

I honestly don't hate the shirt, but it looks so ill-fitting over the pants. 

And I don't hate the pants 100% either. I think this would have looked better with a shorter tank top. 




Covering it up with the jacket helps a lot. 

I do like that jacket. I like both her jackets actually. 

I hate those shoes slightly less than the first pair, but only slightly. 

I knew she was going to be in the black tee and shorts, but was undecided on the jacket. 

You'll have to read through Skyler's review to see her final look. 

Now I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong and I was completely, utterly, 100% wrong about this doll. She's actually my second fave tied with Sunny (with Poppy hovering very close behind). 

I love the shade of green they used for her hair. I love everything about her face. There's something special about her makeup. I made fun of the fact that the one with the most "natural" makeup is the makeup queen, but she pulled it off. There is something absolutely enticing about her face. 

So yeah, despite the clothing, some of which is growing on me, some of which will never see the light of the flash again, she's such a gorgeous doll that she's tied for favorite. Shocker!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. Her shirt is (very obviously) inspired by the extremely exclusive fashion brand Anti Social Social Club, which was already an in-joke since having the clothes from the brand is a social cue in itself.

    That second outfit is really odd, especially the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so obvious to those that don't follow fashion! I've never heard of them.

      Delete
    2. Oh sorry, I didn't mean to the audience, I mean that the way they'd done the homage was bordering on trademark infringement.

      It seems to be MGA's new thing, like with Ruby's "Sparkle" T-shirt referencing the Poopsie Llama who also had a "Sparkle" T-shirt which was a ripoff of the typical "Supreme" brand clothing T-shirt.

      Delete
  2. The second pair of shoes look exactly like a lot of the ones billie wears...google "cape robbin chunky sneakers"

    ReplyDelete