Wednesday, August 5, 2020

HAIRDORABLES Series 5 Part 1


So here we are with the first part of my look at Hairdorables Series 5!

I honestly meant to do more after Series 4, like another ranking post by character, but now I'm going to wait until I complete Series 5 and then do that. I've just been so busy with work. 

Anyway, I ordered 7 dolls from Target. they shipped me one separately and she arrived a couple days ago. Then I got this full case of 6 this morning! 

I decided to start with the case, because it's just fun to start with a picture of a shipper sometimes. 



There are two different boxes this series, as there were last time. 

This time the box is one solid color with a print on the hair part. 

So you've got lavender boxes with pink polka dots and hot pink boxes with black animal print. 

There were 3 of each in my case.




I'm going to step back from the case dolls for a few minutes and start with the ones I got first. 

This is Noahtography from the school line. She's the one that was sent separately. 

She's kinda cute, but the clothes don't match her hair and makeup colors at all. I actually like the style of the outfit, but I wish it was her more typical color scheme. 

The school dolls are on turquoise stands. Like Series 4, the stand base is unwrapped, so as soon as you open the box, you know which set your doll is from. 



These are the accessories for both Noahtography and Neila in Space. I bought Neila from a member of my Facebook group for Hairdorables collectors. 

Each doll comes with a stand, a printed hair extension attached to a name barrette, two character stickers and two theme stickers. The theme stickers are the sporty ones at the top. There were 4 total, but 1 was a repeat, so I tossed it. I only keep one of each sticker. 




I adore this Neila, who is the only Neila in the line, so when she popped up for sale, I grabbed her. That way, my favorite character was in hand right away and I wouldn't be on the hunt for her. 

She arrived the same day as Noah. 

Neila is also part of the school line and her title is Neila in Space. 







I'm not a fan of the crazy headband. I put it on like this, then looked at the sticker and realized the balls are actually little compartments that open up!






So you open them and they go over her buns. 

This looks slightly less ridiculous...

Buuuuuuuuuuut still very ridiculous. 

I adore her widow's peak and I think she has one of the better outfits from the somewhat ill-dressed school set. I love her. 



I'm going to start each new doll with her accessories. 

I was really expecting school dolls, since most people said that's what they got from Target. 

So I was surprised to open my first box and see a purple stand! Masquerade!

The masquerade dolls have masks on their theme stickers. 

I do honestly like the printed extensions, but I don't think they look good with most of these looks. They're overpowering and some of the dolls are so elegant that they look childish with the giant name barrette.




Masquerade is by far the better of the two sets, but there was one that I considered a dud...and this is her. 

This is Prehistoric Kat. 

Who wears roller skates. 

Her hair is sloppy. The crimped parts are a mess. I think the hair bow is supposed to be a bone? The doll's art doesn't have it. The outfit completely clashes. 

The only good thing is her cute face and makeup. 



With the skates, Kat can't stay on her stand very well. I have her displayed without it. 

She's able to hold her mask, but none of them can hold the mask to her face. The handle is a very tight fit on the hand, which means I can't slide it onto the wrist, which usually works better for angling accessories. 

I don't completely hate her, but she's obviously the weak link of the masquerade set and not very well thought out. I don't mind fantasy cave looks obviously, because I love Cave Club, but they really didn't do anything right here. 

Any why the skates? They're really cute skates, but I don't get it. 







I was really happy to open Hey DeeDee-O next! DeeDee is only found in the masquerade set and she kills it. 





She's so beautiful! This might be my fave DeeDee ever. 

The outfit is nice quality, too. One of my complaints for this line was the questionable design and quality on the clothes, but some are still great. 

Her bangs are so cute with the kissy mold!







I really wish the masks were done like glasses. Then they could actually wear them, because so many of them are beautiful. But then, so are the dolls, so you'd have to decide between beautiful mask or beautiful face. 







I managed to not take pics of their shoes the first time, so I went back in and took some on their display shelf. So say hello to some of my bears. Heh. 

Gah, I love this girl so much!



So in case you're keeping track, that's two masquerade dolls from the case. I'm going to not bother with suspense and say it right now: the whole case was masquerade!

Willow is another one like DeeDee. She's only found in the masquerade set. A little surprised about that, since Willow is possibly their most popular character. 








Oh, look, it's my new favorite Willow. 

DeeDee I expect to be pretty cute, but I'm not the biggest Willow fan. I like her dolls, but I don't LOVE many. But you can bet I LOVE this one. 

She is so gorgeous. 









Stunning hairstyle. One of the best of the entire line. 

Queen Willow is right!!!






Her mask is equally gorgeous. 

Great dress, too. 

Everything is perfect. 








I never would have named her as one I'd fall for, but she is. This is why I tend to collect all the Hairdorables, because you never know who is going to really speak to you in person. 






And her lovely shoes!




Skylar! I think a lot of you know I have degrees in Classical Studies (Greece and Rome), Egyptology and Museum Studies, so I'm definitely a fan of ancient history and mythology. I was excited they went ancient Greece for Skylar, even though she's not accurate in the least. 

 



Her hair is a beautiful mass of soft curls. 

Gorgeous face.

The dress is what I'm not a fan of. The cut isn't the best and the color is way off. I wish they'd done white or cream instead. Or Tyrian purple would have been awesome (look it up). 

The black and gold gladiator sandals aren't accurate either, but dang, I love them. 








I've gone back and forth on her a few times. I was excited for a Greek doll, then thought she looked a bit cheap. Now in person, I still think the dress looks cheap, but the doll is so lovely that I no longer care. 









A slightly better look at her sandals. 






I was so happy with DeeDee, Willow and Skylar. And my happy continued when I opened hippie Rayne. 







Not counting poor Kat, Peace N Rayne is the least glam of the masquerade dolls I opened, but she's adorable! 





Skylar and Rayne both have straight arms only. No bent one to help in holding the masks. It's a bit unfortunate. 

Rayne's mask is great. 








Simple little sandals, but so cute. 







I really loved who I got, but I had my fingers crossed for a new girl and got Phoebe!!!









Her unusual eyebrows and makeup make her photograph a bit oddly. She's far more beautiful in person. 

Her hair is super soft. 







Sassy girl! I love her!

She has a bent arm on the opposite side as Kat, Willow and DeeDee, which nicely corresponds with her side glance for maximum sass. 




More sass, this time with visible shoes. 



I'm really thrilled with who I got! I honestly can't believe my luck in not only getting all masquerades, but getting such good ones. They've also served to improve my thoughts on Series 5, which I was rather underwhelmed by. 

I hope to get more soon! I have another 5 coming from Walmart by the end of the month, and stores here are finally slowly resetting. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. They did Kat so dirty... a prehistoric themed doll has no much potential (e.x. Cave Club). But she just looks botched. Sorry gal 😬 .

    ReplyDelete