Friday, August 21, 2020

REVIEW: Blume Petal Pets

 

Mom's toaster cover is fabulous.
I may have been able to resist the Blume doll line, but when I saw these pets pop up on Amazon, it was a fast click of the button. 

On Target's website, these run $7.99. On Amazon, you get two for $14.99. 

I've never had anything Blume before so this was a new thing. 

I didn't take pictures as I went along, so I'll just explain the opening process. 

First, you undo the outer plastic wrap, then remove the checklist from where it's taped to the outside of the plant pot. Then pull off the clear plastic top. There's a little rubber watering can that you're supposed to fill up and use it to water the plant. Yeah, adult me was like "pfft, no" and stuck it under the faucet. 

Wynter voice: "Too much? Too much!" 

Yeah, don't do that. You can stick it under the faucet, but a trickle of water will do to open the flower. 





So the flower unfurls to reveal one of these little charm bracelets. 


Now as extra blind box doodads go, these are actually quite nice. The charms are even metal. 


Just gonna stick the checklist here so you can see it while I keep on about the opening process. 

So then you yank the flower part out and underneath is your pet and a sheet of stickers. Both of mine came with the same stickers, so I dunno how many different sets there are. 

Huh, even the flowers themselves are on the checklist, but I wasn't gonna keep one. Maybe if I got a blue or yellow, but not the pink and purple I got.




I'm quite happy with the pets I got. I really wanted the stars and moon elephant. He's rare, too. Second level rare, not third level or rarest, but still not common. 

The unicorn is actually really adorable, too. Both of them have heads that can turn and they're a softer rubber than a lot of other blind bag toys, but they don't feel cheap.


So there's everything: sticker sheet, bracelet and pet. 

I will definitely order more of these in the future. I think $7.99 is quite a fair price for a nicely detailed pet plus a bracelet with a metal charm. I'm broke for the week, but maybe next week!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice if thease happen to have codes at all or are they just a total gamble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice any, but I was tired and I also missed the Cave Club ones, so it's possible they're there. I'll give them a closer look when I buy more.

      Delete