Thursday, August 20, 2020

MONTH IN REVIEW: July 2020



 

Hey, look, I'm doing my Month in Review late again! Of course. 


At least I'm consistent. 


This post is entirely plush, because all my other purchases have been reviewed here already. 


So this is Eden owl from Aurora. I love the colors on this guy! Not a typical combination for plush. 


July is when I placed my first order with the official Jellycat website. I learned that everything gets shipped from the UK, so I changed my shipping method after this first order, which used DHL. DHL is a little too unpredictable for me. I switched to FedEx for the second order, which was much better.

I adore these three dragons, though they're a bit small for the $30 price tag. But they have a lot of embroidered details. 

Ruby is fire-themed, Forest has leaves, and Moonlight is night.





Moonlight is my favorite. I love that seahorse-esque snoot. 


July was a big month for Jellycat. 

I picked up Faye Fairy and Swellegant Clarissa Cat at Dancing Bear Toys in nearby Hendersonville. I love that store, because they have SO MANY Jellycat! As well as other plush lines, like Douglas and Squishable. They've got decent dolls, too. It's always hard to be controlled in there. Clarissa is one I almost got on my last visit, which was last year sometime, so I had to buy her. She waited for me! And Faye is one I wanted to order from the official site, so this saved me some importing. Can't resist a goth punk pixie anyway. 

  




Mosey the hedgehog is part of the Bearhouse (non-jointed) Charlie Bears line. While I was in Hendersonville, I found a Charlie Bears stockist! I was so shocked and it was nice to see bears in person, even though I already owned most of them. 

But I never did get Mosey, so he had to come home with me. 





Justine was an unplanned ebay purchase. I got a good deal on her. 

Sometimes there are bears you don't consider for your hug, but when you see a specific one, you know you want that one. 







 




It took ages for the US to get "Baby Bam," which is what everyone calls Anniversary Bamboozle. He's the little guy on the left. Charlie Bears often does miniature versions of older popular bears. I happen to have the original Bamboozle and they look adorable together.




I kept checking the Jellycat site, waiting for Luda Monster to come back in stock, and when she did, she became my second Jellycat order.

I love her! She's just so cute.


And that wraps up July. I'll really try to do August earlier this time!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment