Tuesday, February 18, 2020

REVIEW: LOL OMG Lights Series

Got my dolls from the new LOL OMG Lights series yesterday. These come in smaller boxes than the other LOL OMG dolls and cost $24.99, which is the cheapest these dolls have been yet.

I got three of the four. No interest in the one based on Drag Racer.



The packaging is also much simpler inside, although unwrapping the outer part is just as annoying as ever.

You end up with a plastic tray that contains the doll and a separate box that can be used as a background for photographs.




Dazzle is Glitter Queen's older sister, so she's just as neon as Neonlicious from the first line. Who still looks more like Glitter's older sister than Neon's.

Dazzle comes with a hatbox that contains a pair of sunglasses, a bracelet and her blacklight. I wondered how the blacklight feature was going to work and that's how. They give you a tiny blacklight!

She also has a stand, brush, a picture of the box art (maybe it's a sticker?) and one garment bag, which has her ruffled jacket in it.







I actually like her a lot more than Neonlicious. The outfit is better and I love the long neon twists of hair.

Her shoes are also awesome.





Her makeup is simple, but cute. It gets pretty funky if you look at it under the blacklight!






And here she is with all the pieces on.

I'm not a fan of the ruffled jacket, so I took it off and left the sunglasses off, too.




Next up is Beatnik's older sis, Groovy Babe.

I love this one. She is stunning!

Love the all black and white look, then the pale lips and pop of blue eyeshadow.






Her hair is silky and gorgeous. It's mostly white with just a few streaks of black.





Groovy comes with sunglasses and earrings. The round disks on the earrings actually spin.

She also has a tiny "book" of poems.






Love the jacket on!

I wish they'd do Pop Art's big sis, because I think they'd make a fantastic pair.





And a quick shot of her boots.





Last but not least is Angles. Shapes is one of my most favorite LOLs, so this is the one I was most excited for.

She comes with 2 chunky bracelets and big earrings.







I like the translucent jacket, but I also love seeing her arm "tattoos," so I'm keeping it off.



Sadly, they did a job on this poor doll's hair. The only other one I've had this big an issue with was Snowlicious.

They over-gelled the white part and it's a crinkled, frizzy mess.



Her hair is in multiple lengths.

Let's see what we can do to fix this.

I used hot water to wash the gel out of her hair, except for the bangs, which I like looking sleek. Then I let her dry overnight. I combed her hair and still didn't like the permanent wave in the white part, so...




I chopped it off.

I love the shorter part framing her face now, as it's more reminiscent of Shapes' shorter bob. The bottom is still a it frizzy, but I didn't dare go any shorter.

I like how it shows the colors behind better and the bottom of her earring, too.





Closer look.




And from the side.

I think the step effect fits her Angles name.

I do need to mention that her pants are actually overalls. The thin black straps in the front and the white panel are not part of her shirt, but the bib of overalls. And those thin straps are easily breakable. I put her on her stand for the first time and one popped loose. I tucked it back into her waistband and let it go. Maybe I'll sew it back on someday, but for now, that works.


One final shot! The shapes of her heels.

I still find these dolls on the overpriced side, although on the other hand, sometimes I wish they came with their little sisters more often. I never got Can Do or Beatnik! But it's nice to see them rolling back the price and the packaging a little bit.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like speedster either
    Which is interesting because she's the only Lil sister of these new omgs that I have 😂🤣

    ReplyDelete