Friday, February 21, 2020

TOY FAIR 2020: Part 1

So as I usually do, I won't be posting pics until we get some useable ones.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Instagram so much. The pictures just suck.

The biggest news I've seen so far (and admittedly, I've been at work, so I haven't looked much nor will I have time to because I'm a double the next 2 days) has been Mattel's Cave Club doll line.

Here's a link to a page that has no trouble stealing photos from Instagram:
http://www.youloveit.com/dolls/1132-cave-club-new-doll-line-from-mattel-in-prehistorik-style.html

Not sure about scale here, but these remind me of Monster High meets Enchantimals and the Flintstones.

Typical incorrect mixing of species for the time period, but I'll let it go for cuteness' sake.

Looks like we've got some basic dolls and then a couple repeat characters in larger babysitting and cooking sets.

My favorites are the paler girl with pink and orange hair, the sabretooth tiger girl, and the one with similar hair to the sabretooth girl only with more blue. I think that might be a dire wolf with her? I see a moon and star on her belt.

I decided to amuse myself and hit Trademarkia to see if anything jumped out at me. So here are some possibilities:
Rockelle, Flaire, Furrah, Tella, Fernessa, Slate, ROARALAI (OMG love it)
Cave Tots, Untameables

I hope Roaralai is the sabretooth girl! Eee!

On that same page I linked to, I spotted news that there will be two Monster High collector dolls. The first comes out June 1st and will cost $74.99 and the second August 1st at $59.99. Can't really get excited, because the price points are a bit high and I'm betting they're characters I won't be as interested in, like Frankie and Draculaura, as opposed to Abbey, Cleo, Twyla or Toralei.

And again on that page, Harry Potter looks to FINALLY be giving me my Luna doll. As well as Snape for Snape fans and a Harry/Voldemort 2-pack in the Goblet of Fire theme.

Spotted on Instagram were some Disney Princess additions from Hasbro, including Rapunzel (who we've seen for a while), Jasmine and Aurora to the Style Series line.

I hope to have loads of updates as the days pass and time allows. Hopefully Idle Hands comes through with the excellent pics.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering if hairdorables series 5 will be out this year?
    Series 3 cam out a few months after series 2 so it would make sense if it did.
    2 series of dolls per year seems...I dunno really😅

    ReplyDelete