Friday, February 7, 2020

REVIEW: Kitten Catfe Purristas

I opened one of these dolls last week and loved her, so I picked up another tonight to review better.

If you like cats and dolls, you might like these little darlings. They're not fashion dolls like Catwalk Kitties or the werecats from Monster High, but hey, neither of those lines exist anymore, so...

These cost $9.88 at Walmart. I find this an extremely reasonable price. I'm going to say it right now. They're a way better value than LOLs.

Each Purrista comes in a little coffee cup.

There's a lot inside!
The blue round piece is a bed. You can actually flip the white lid of the cup over to stand on its legs and put the bed inside to make it taller. I fully admit I just saw this in the Amazon listing photos and did not think of it myself. I'm sure a kid would have though!

There's a round recipe card that identifies your doll if you remember from the checklist which girl likes which recipe. There are an instruction booklet and the world's shiniest checklist. I can't even write on the darn thing. The big packet is the doll, the smaller one is her skirt and accessory. The creamer cup has her shoes and top and the teabag holds the meowbles.





We'll open our doll first. This is Kitty Purrcino.

She's a nice cream color with awesome asymmetrical pink hair that fades to a lighter pink at the ends. The dolls' eyes are nice and glittery, and it's less crusty than the glitter LOL eyes. These look really nice.




Aside from the usual points of small doll articulation, she also has an articulated fluffy tail. This is removable and you will need to take it off to get the skirt on. Getting it back on can be tricky, but it's not the hardest thing ever.






Kitty profile.



The skirts are all fabric and they're all furry like this. They're elastic-waisted.

The shoes and top are rubbery.

I love that little drink purse!






There's a split in the skirt so it lays over her tail.





All dressed up. She's really cute.




And here's Mimi Meow, the one I opened the first time.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?




Yep, the hair comes off!




And can be switched.

Nah, it's better the other way.



So what about the teabag? Well, you fill your cup with water and drop it in. It dissolves quickly and you'll see if you've got a string of one, two or three meowbles.


I got three!

Again. I got three the first time. Apparently, I have meowble luck.

There are separate things you can buy that have more meowbles. I think you make jewelry with them? Something like that.

The meowbles are on the flipside of the checklist. I apologize for not photographing it, but it is impossible. It's so shiny that I can't get a good shot.

But these guys are: Tinsel Meow, Woodruff Meow (my fave) and Chatty Meow across the top. Poppy Meow, Huffy Meow and Cotton Meow across the bottom. I've gotten some of the ones I'd want the most, too. Cranky and dark brown. 





And for those wanting to know size, they're much bigger than LOLs and a little smaller than Fantasy Friends.





Here's a group shot from the Amazon listing.

I really want that black one! And the brown. And the mint. And the ones with adorable pigtails and huge eyes.

I need MORE.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mostly mine. Group photo from Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. The black ones my fave too!
    Hope you get her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw these yesterday on Amazon (and ordered one - though it seems like just one might not be enough!) and wondered if we might be seeing a review here soon! :) Thanks for the info. Can't wait for mine to arrive on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get more soon! They're quite addicting.

      Delete