Tuesday, February 18, 2020

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends Hanna

I recently discovered a newer line of dolls called Ruby Red Fashion Friends. They're 14.5" tall, so right around Glitter Girls, Hearts For Hearts Girls and Wellie Wishers size.

Hoo boy, the price tag though! These girls are $130. FAO carries them for $100, but they don't have everything and their orders are currently delayed 5-7 days.

I sold a bunch of LOLs recently and made almost enough money to completely fund one of these girls, so I brought Hanna home from Happily Ever After, which offered free shipping, unlike the official Ruby Red site. She arrived quickly and I'm glad I put down a deposit on a pre-order of their exclusive blue-eyed Bella. (The regular Bella has green eyes.)

The packaging is fairly simple. It's reminiscent of the Italian Giochi Preziosi Winx Club boxes. If you untape the top, you slide the whole thing out and just the outer shell is left. There's no top or bottom to it.




Here's Hanna with Lilian from Hearts For Hearts Girls. Hanna's a little bigger than this line, but stood evenly beside Glitter Girls Bobbi.

You can see the vast difference between these two. I think HFHG are stunningly gorgeous, but Hanna looks almost real. She's the most real-looking doll I own. She just looks like an actual little girl! My mom said the same thing when she looked at her.






Unlike the playline-level counterparts, Hanna actually has elbow and knee articulation. She's very easily poseable. She just falls right into these perfect positions.





What a face! It was the faces that won me over with this line. Dianna Effner's dolls are usually lovely.

I think all the girls share the same face, but they manage to look different from each other.









She's even adorable from the side!

I initially thought she was supposed to be Asian, but I'm honestly not sure. She can be whatever you like. 






Hanna is able to stand on her own in several different positions. 

She reminds me of Ramona, one of my favorite book characters of all time. She's got that spunky, sassy quality to her. 



The skintone on her is simply luminous. It's really hard to describe. She just glows. 

Her hair is a very dark brown, not black. The quality is good, but I've felt softer hair on playline dolls. Her hair is the one area where I don't see excessive quality. Everything else is absolutely superb. 







Here she is without the jacket. I'm not a huge fan of this cut on shirts, but she makes it look cute. 

I love hooking her thumbs in her pockets. It comes naturally to her. I bent her elbow for one of these pictures and her thumb just slid right into her pocket. 











From the back. 






The body is odd-looking undressed. Not that it needs to be properly proportioned. Most dolls are not. She has a very long torso though, so it looks weird undressed. 




Painted toenails! Her fingernails are also painted, but I wasn't expecting the toenails. It's a nice touch. 

The separated big toe is an unusual sculpt, but I like it. 






One of the signs of a high quality doll is that she comes with underwear even if she also wears tights, leggings or pants. Too many companies only include panties if the doll is in a skirt.




And finally, a look at her outfit. Each piece is separate. Each is basically the same quality level as human clothing. Her fishnet leggings (not really stockings without the feet) are even lined!

Everything goes on and comes off easily. You don't have to untie the shoelaces. They just slip on and off.

I'm incredibly impressed with the quality of this doll. You see exactly where your $130 went. I plan on buying Sara soon and then awaiting my April delivery of blue-eyed Bella. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. Cute, also who's your favorite lol character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received the same doll. I am a bit new to having fancier dolls. It seems to me that her skin has a blue tone to it that seems strange. Do you think it is supposed to be this way or that maybe mine didn't get painted all the way. Do they paint body skin? Let me know if you have any thoughts. I am afraid to take her all the way out of the box in case I should return her. She is lovely otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of them are painted aside from blushing that I know of. Mine has an odd translucent cast to her skin that I think might read as blueish. Each girl I've gotten (I have 3 now) has a different skintone.

      Delete
  3. I just got one and her skin is grey green. I am thinking it looks weirder the longer I look at it.

    ReplyDelete