Saturday, February 29, 2020

NEWS: Cave Club


All right, let's move on from the drama and hopefully never have to deal with the nonsense again.

ToyWiz came through with some promo pics for Cave Club! Thanks, ToyWiz. Unfortunately, because they're who they are, we can't use them as price point guides. The basics are listed at $17.99, so I'm guessing they'll actually be $14.99, but we'll know more about pricing when we get closer to release time.

So they've got photos of three different types of dolls.

This is the basic Roaralai. They have deluxe versions for everyone except her, but the deluxe just seems to have a hair accessory? I don't think that merits $2 more. I don't get it.

Roaralai remains my favorite.

The regular dolls and bigger sets all have June ship dates, but the deluxe ones have May. Not sure what's up with that either.




Here on the right is the Wild About Cats Roaralai set. I love both versions of her, so I'll definitely be buying both.

I like the blue in her hair here.

The cat accessories are cute, too.






Here's Tella. This is the "deluxe" version I mentioned. The hair extension on the right seems to be what makes it deluxe. I'm not posting both promos of the same doll that only differ by the hair extension, so just know that the ones shown with the extension may or may not actually come with them.

I like Tella a lot. I love a good night sky theme.




And this is Slate. Like Tella, he has no playset variation, so I figured I'd show them and then move on to the others with playsets.

Slate is super cute! The hair extension is a bit ridiculous with him though.

I love that he's an artist. So adorable.






Fernessa the plant one. She's growing on me. Ha. Growing. Yeah, I know. I prefer the other themes to just plants, so admittedly, she's not my favorite. I also think they missed an opportunity to give her green hair. I mean, the pink and green is already screaming Venus, so why not just go all out? There are never enough dolls with green hair.







Fernessa's playset is Wild About Babysitting. The little one is Furrah. This is cute, but I think I'll likely pass on it. Her outfit is similar to the basic doll's, but the basic doll did it better, and i just don't care about little sisters.





Adorable Emberly. I like her a lot. The tiny hammer is giving me Tink memories. Oh, Disney Fairies. I miss you.

I'm not sure if she or Tella is my second favorite. It's really close.






Emberly's playset is Wild About BBQ. I'm not sure if I'll get this or not. She does have a nice dress here and I like her hair a smidge shorter, too. And her pet is even cuter than the basic version. Yeah, I'll probably get it.








So that's all the info and pics from Toy Wiz. I did read an article with more detail though:
https://thenerdy.com/mattel-cave-club-dolls/

Important parts from that:
-The dinosaur-riding girl is actually a dino-whisperer. The article lists her name as Raquel, but I saw Rockelle in the trademarks, so either version may be possible.
-The animated series comes in July.
-The graphic novel in August.
-They say the dolls are August, Toy Wiz says May/June.
-The blind-packed pet line will come later. There are 9 different ones that come with slime or sand, plus a hairpiece for the doll and a story.
-One of their themes seems to be "the world's first" so the world's first babysitter, first barbecue, etc.

Some of that info may be wrong, because here are two graphic novel listings on Amazon with release dates of June 30th.
https://www.amazon.com/Cave-Club-vol-Dawn-Kids/dp/1499811330/
https://www.amazon.com/Cave-Club-vol-Truly-Unruly/
$10.99 for a hardcover. Not bad.

Dawn of the Kids:
Jump back in time to a world of stomping dinosaurs, erupting volcanoes, and the most chaotic creatures to ever trample this earth: KIDS! Emberly, Tella, Fernessa, Roaralai, Slate, and Ruly are six best friends who are almost as wild as their hair! To make sure fun and freedom never go extinct, these best barefoot friends invent many new concepts, from friendship, birthdays, and pets (pet rocks, to be specific) to competitions, sneak attacks, and groundings (when their parents bury them in the ground to try to keep them out of trouble). Now, they're letting loose, exploring the wild, and cracking up the bedrock of civilization as the Cave Club!

This graphic novel contains two original stories. In "Meet the Cave Club," read all about Emberly, Tella, Fernessa, Roaralai, Slate, and Ruly, and how they invented friendship. Then, join them on an epic adventure involving birthday bog-loons, wild badger pets, angry raptors, and more in "An Egg-cellent Adventure." When Emberly invents the idea of a birthday, she tries to surprise Fernessa with the best birthday ever, but her presents create chaos and disaster instead! Can she pull off the perfect birthday surprise without putting everyone in too much danger?

Truly Unruly:
This graphic novel contains two original stories. In "The Curse of the Were-roar," Fernessa and Slate lay a trap to catch the mysterious creature that has been trashing their village, destroying crops, and creating chaos. Then, in "Fight For Your Right to Treeball," Roaralai wants to compete in the annual Treeball Tournament with the best athletes from the nearby villages, but no kids have ever been allowed to play before. Can she change the rules and win the game?

Ruly seems to be the sixth one here. I wonder if that's dino-whisperer Raquel/Rockelle or a new character?

PHOTO CREDITS: Mattel stock promo images saved from ToyWiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment