Sunday, March 1, 2020

REVIEW: Mattel Cloudees

Cloudees success! Thank you so much, person who linked me to the cheat codes! I'll repeat them at the end of this post.

The entire case was still untouched, so I was able to see exactly what one broke down into. You will not get a full set with one case or even close. I mean, there are 14 so it's obvious you're not getting a full set in a case of 12, but there were actually 5 missing. So only 9 unique ones in this particular case.

Cloudees are $9.99 each, by the way.


The codes are found on the bottom right of the box. They're the 2-digit number in front of the batch number.

So the case consisted of:
2 Bluesy Kitty
2 Surly Panda
2 Dapper Sloth
(Those 3 are all "Commonly Cool.")
1 Sunshine Bunny
1 Shivery Bunny
(Also commons.)
1 Rockin' Tiger
1 Loopy Bat
(These 2 are "Pleasantly Special.")
1 Poised Polar Bear
("Hot")
1 Lucky Llama
("Sizzling Hot")




Inside, you'll find a silver pouch under little cardboard layer in the bottom of the box. There's also a loop there that's designed to be used as a handle for the cloud case. The colors of those are different depending on which area your toy character is from.



If you take the lid off...or is it the back of the case?...you'll see a sealed compartment. There's an instruction sheet/checklist and a little plastic stopper, too.

You're supposed to fill the case with water, which will sit in a layer over the seal.



I snapped the lid back on and used the stopper to poke a hole through that seal.

Then you're supposed to shake it for a minute.

When I opened the lid, I saw my panda and some purple glop. The water was not enough to mix well with it. I removed the panda, which is in a sealed clear plastic bag, and then added more water and used my fingers to stir the mixture into this fluffy "cloud." It's sort of like couscous. Tiny little spheres. But they're gelatinous. It's actually really cool to feel.

Like the case strap, the cloud couscous color depends on where your character is from. This grayish-lavender is Stormyville (tiger and panda). I had pink for the sloth (Windy Way) and a lighter purple for the bat (Starry Way).


Inside the silver pouch are the accessories, tail and a little cloud sticker. You're supposed to peel off the yellow directions label on the case lid and put the white cloud sticker over the hole where the stopper went.

I think this keeping the case thing is silly. It's not easy to get all of the "Stop Don't Peel" label off the bigger part of the case, nor is it easy to completely melt the white pouch the cloud couscous mix comes in. So I don't consider the cases worth even trying to save.



Here's Surly Panda. The figures are articulated at the neck and shoulders.

He's so cute. I love all the facial detailing.




The little vest slides over his shoulders and the tail snaps in the back.

I know it's a big part of this line, but there's not one of these characters that looks better with that tail in. I took all mine out.






Next up: Rockin' Tiger.



I opened the case without water this time and this is how the cloud couscous (yes, I'm officially calling it that) pouch looks before you get it wet.

And there's the tiger in his pouch.

It was honestly more fun for me to pour the water right into the case and watch the cloud erupt from the little white pouch as it dissolved.






Pearly rocker tiger.





All dressed up!






Stormyville characters together.




Now we've got the sloth. Note the different handle color.

Ugh, headphones that don't even fit his head?



I honestly didn't even know there was a sloth right away. I didn't take too close a look at them, but I knew I needed this one once I saw it.

Hands so cute!



Yeah, no.

No tail.

No silly headphones.

Keep it basic, Dapper Sloth.



And finally, my favorite: Loopy Bat.

Again, different handle color.





OMG, how cute. Loopy pulls off the tail better than the others, but bats aren't exactly known for their giant fluffy tails.




Yes, much better.



All four together, as I'm displaying them.

And now I inevitably want more.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.









CODES:

Batch: /3119SD

15 Puzzled Raccoon
16 Wistful Platypus
17 Bluesy Kitty
18 Lucky Llama
19 Frolicking Unicorn
20 Shivery Bunny
21 Poised Polar Bear
(These two have also been found reversed. Bunny in 21, Polar Bear in 20.)
22 Surly Panda
23 Rockin' Tiger
24 Breezy Koala
25 Dapper Sloth
26 Prancy Poodle
27 Sunshine Bunny
28 Loopy Bat

Batch: /0130SD and /0020

01 Puzzled Raccoon
02 Wistful Platypus
03 Bluesy Kitty
04 Lucky Llama
05 Frolicking Unicorn
06 Poised Polar Bear
07 Shivery Bunny (confirmed)
08 Surly Panda
09 Rockin' Tiger
10 Breezy Koala
11 Dapper Sloth (confirmed)
12 Prancy Poodle
13 Sunshine Bunny (confirmed)
14 Loopy Bat (confirmed)

10 comments:

  1. I want to make a correction I found out when using the checklist for Batch 3119SD. The Shivery Bunny was found in 21 and the Poised Polar Bear was found in 20. Hope that helps anyone still collecting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know any codes for the other series or minis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do!

      Series 2:
      https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2020/09/collection-update-cloudees-series-2_25.html

      Series 3:
      https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2020/09/cloudees-series-3-storm-clouds.html

      Minis:
      https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2020/07/collection-update-cloudees-minis-series.html

      Delete
  3. What if the batch codes are different then you have above ? I have seen some that are not the batch codes you listed and all I want is the tiger and the bat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which numbers are they? I might be able to figure it out, because they tend to run 1-14, 15-28, etc. Sets of 14.

      Delete
  4. I'm finding a lot of boxes numbered with (probably) 23-37. The batch numberes don't match the ones here listed. Anyone knows the codes there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those aren't numbers I've ever seen them use. They're typically in sets of 14.

      Delete
    2. The code is 3369SD and it seems to go to at least 39, I've just been in a store to check.

      Delete
    3. My guess would be this:
      29 Puzzled Raccoon
      30 Wistful Platypus
      31 Bluesy Kitty
      32 Lucky Llama
      33 Frolicking Unicorn
      34 Poised Polar Bear
      35 Shivery Bunny
      36 Surly Panda
      37 Rockin' Tiger
      38 Breezy Koala
      39 Dapper Sloth
      40 Prancy Poodle
      41 Sunshine Bunny
      42 Loopy Bat

      Delete