Monday, March 2, 2020

MONTH IN REVIEW: February 2020

Every photo this month is bears. All my doll and figure purchases were reviewed here, and I try not to repeat those in these Month in Review posts.

So many Hairdorables.

Anyway, so yeah, if you're not into the bears, hopefully March will be more interesting for you. But no promises.

I started off February by finally getting Fey (larger, lighter bear on the right) to go with little Nissa. The UK got to order Fey right away with the Christmas releases, but we in the US had to wait. Thankfully, she finally appeared on CB Direct US. I actually like her the best of all the smaller Christmas release bears. There's something about her.

I had an enormous layaway with my stockist because in the 3rd quarter, they decided to hit us with multiple QVC shows, lots of Q3 releases, AND the US finally caught up on earlier releases we were behind on. So a ton came in for me all at one time and I ended up doing a 9-character layaway.

Angel Cake here is my favorite of the bunch that came in. I loved Roman from the 2019 collection and then Eleanor. Angel Cake is similar to them, but a bit different. I had pre-ordered all three and Angel was the one who came in last, so she got stuck in the huge layaway.

However, when I pulled her from the box, she was so cuddly and soft and cute that I think I might actually like her best. I still love Roman a lot, but I think Angel Cake is cuddlier.






Kyra was the only other regular bear in the lot. Mine is a boy though, so he's Kyran. Very soft little darling!







China the black bull, who is extremely difficult to photograph, should have really come out in Q1. That's January, February and March. But we in the US had to wait a lot longer for him! He's the first in the Queen's Beasts series and I had all the other 3 before I got him home.


This lot is the Magical Cauldron Collection. I'm usually a sucker for many of the Halloween-themed releases and these were no exception. There was only one I didn't buy. 

Potions is the little purple lady on the left, while Broom is the bigger one. Broom has black on her and Potions does not. Potions also uses more of the pink-streaked purple fabric than Broom does. Sticks is the adorable, fully-jointed broom. I completely admit that he was the reason I bought the pair of Broom & Sticks. They were sold together. I might have skipped her and just stuck with Potions otherwise, but Broom is awesome in her own right, so I'm glad they were together. Then there's little Whoooo the ghost bear on the right. I think he was easily the most popular of these when they released.



These last two are part of the Aesop's Fables collection.

Slow Coach is the tortoise. I ended up not getting Speedy the hare or Sly the fox, so Slow Coach and Li'l Red the hen are on their own. No complete stories here.

Slow Coach is so unbelievable cute. I love that face.



Then there's Winco Hopper, the beautiful grasshopper. I've had Sarge the ant for a while now, so they're finally reunited.

This photo doesn't do Winco justice. His colors came through better in my other photos of him, but this is the one where you can see his face best.

He has so many joints and he's so poseable! Like even his wings are jointed.






Cotton Candy was my first 2020 collection bear!

There are three in her set. Soda Pop is purple and she's Q2, then Cheese Whizz is yellow and will come in Q3.

Cotton Candy is as sweet as her name and very cuddly.




Ollibobs is a stunning 19" plumo bear. (Meaning his muzzle and the insides of his ears are mohair, while the rest is plush.) The parts that aren't mohair are made from tyber fabric, which is the softest, most lush thing ever. I'm a sucker for tyber bears, so I think I'm getting a lot of them this year.

Olli caught my eye because of his beautiful blues, so he's both soft and gorgeous.



And speaking of tyber, Hawkins and Brimble are also made of that, so they're smaller at 16" but also super soft. They fit right in with Jan, Hakatan, Molly Coddle, Geronimo, Errol and Flynn from past years.

These two have unique longer "hair" on the tops of their heads. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's really cute in person.

Brimble arrived along with Olllibobs, but Hawkins didn't get here until today. I'm counting him as part of February though, because it was still February when I paid for him!

That wraps up February. Maybe I'll have a more doll-filled March, because I only have two Q1 pre-orders left to come in. Although there is a QVC show for us here in the US on the 18th! That just means trouble for my wallet...

No comments:

Post a Comment