Wednesday, October 4, 2023

REVIEW: Magic Mixies Pixlings WYNTER



I was shocked to see that Target had so many new listings! (And still nothing for their exclusive ILY. Grrrrr.)

Even more shocked to see Pixlings Wynter as one of them. 




I did a pickup order and got her home today, along with MH Cleo with pets (review tomorrow if her bangs come out okay). 

Okay, first thing: SHE IS GORGEOUS.

Second thing: I still cannot believe the audacity of Moose to repeatedly say she has "3 extra fashions."

A headband is NOT a fashion.

A scepter is certainly NOT a fashion.

And only by me really, really stretching it would I even consider a cape alone to be a fashion. 



I dislike the headband. It's fuzzy and feels cool, but it also somehow looks dirty. Like it came out of the envelope looking dirty. It might just be how pristinely white Wynter's face is. That would make anything look dingy in comparison. 

So here she is without the headband. 

Her hair is amazing. This line has such good hair. 

I don't love toy companies' trend of having the inner lining of a skirt be so cheap-looking. If you're going to do a high-low hem, put some effort into the lining. The entire lining could have been white fur. 






The cape is pretty thin and kinda cheap-feeling. It slips on over her arms. 


Cute shoes.





I like the wand a lot. 

It still is not a fashion.





Her face is so cute. 


Overall, I adore her. The doll herself is stunning. 

The cape and lack of skirt lining feel on the cheap side. That and the blatant false advertising of "3 extra fashions" make me say she isn't worth her price. A regular Pixling is $17.99. She was $24.99. I'd maybe give her $21.99 at the most. $4 extra bucks for the cheap cape, headband, scepter, and the tiny scrap of fabric that gives her a full dress instead of a skirt. 

Still a gorgeous doll. I can't wait for more Pixlings!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment