Sunday, October 22, 2023

Dolly Insider's "Friday Dolly Questions" Part 7

#37: Do You Have a Dolly Budget?

Nope! I just roll with things. Installment plans like Affirm or Paypal's Pay in 4 help a lot on bigger orders. I pay them off ahead of time to cut down on any interest accrued. The only time I really try to stick with a budget is the end of the year, because we always vacation in December, and I need to make sure my bills for the month are paid off before we leave. So I basically need to pay off an entire month of bills ahead of time. That's why I've been cutting back lately and being pickier. I like other MH dolls, but do I really need more Draculauras, Clawdeens, Lagoonas and Frankies? No. That's why I've been very picky on those characters in particular. I like Amped Up and Skulltimate Neon Frankie, but the upcoming "Pride" one (quoted only because I don't know their official name) is way better and I'd rather my money go there. 


#38: Do You Keep Your Doll's Original Box or Do You Throw It Away?

I don't have that kind of space! Keeping every doll box would mean getting another bedroom to put them all in. I do keep the boxes and shippers of any Skullector doll and I keep the boxes on my Azones just in case I decide to sell. I also keep boxes that make nice storage or are particularly cool. 


#39: If You Could Visit Any Doll Company, Which One Would You Visit?

Honestly, I'm not sure I would. I'd be trying to sneak off and steal prototypes or something. I definitely couldn't do the big companies, because I couldn't keep from criticizing.  


#40: What Doll Collaboration Is Your Favorite?

Oh, man, I don't know. I'm not a fashion person, so those are mostly lost on me. Love the CreativeSoul Disney line. I love the Sailor Moon and h. Naoto Pullips, though I only have Horizon (Spider) and Adsiltia now. And of course, there's the classic Barbie Benetton line. 


#41: If Your Doll Was a Human, Who Would You Like to Hang Out With?

A lot of mine are dolls of existing characters and I'm thinking that's not the answer they're going for. I think Roslin would be a good choice. She'd be fun. 


#42: Do You Create Stories Featuring Your Dolls?

I used to love to do picfics, but that's when I had a looooooooooooot more free time. And space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment