Monday, October 9, 2023

REVIEW: Squadz Place MIU



I ordered some Squadz Place from Target, but they haven't shipped yet. I popped into mine after work and grabbed one to check out right away. 

These cost $14.99. 

I did not check the packaging for any codes, because you're not going to need them. All you have to do is peek in the top and compare what you see to the images online. I believe each color box has two character options and the backdrop should be different enough to easily differentiate them. 

I watched a video that showed Hana being opened. She's the other one in pink. I was able to ID her background in the other pink box that Target had, so I bought this one instead. 


The boxes are really cute. I'm going to use one for storing this line's pieces, and the others can store pieces for other smaller lines. 

The little doors swing open. 




Two pouches inside. 

There's a better look at the backdrop. 

This is for MIU. 

Hana's backdrop has pink stripes, too, but there is no purple bar with lights. It's more just plain pink stripes. 

If you go on Target.com, you can see each character with their box and use that to find the one you want. 



The first pouch contains the doll and character card. 


The second has two sets of headphones and a playset piece. 



These are cute, I suppose, but I'm leaving them off. 



I really think for $14.99, they could have used two different molds, not just done a recolor. 


I haven't been paying close enough attention because I was surprised her clothes come off!

I expected these to be poseable figures, not little dolls with removable rubber clothing. 





Rubbery clothing pieces. I hope they hold up to the passage of time better than some similar things I've had in the past. 



They limit the figure's poseability quite a bit. She can't sit and if she raises an arm, she can only go so high before she flashes everyone. 



And then there's the lovely open-in-the-back element that I hate. 


Overall, I like her, but it's not love. 

First, I think these are overpriced for what you get. There's not that much here. 

Second, the rubber clothing limits what you can do with the figures, and I worry about its sustainability. 

But I am glad they're not fully blind-packed and I do think she's super cute. I just think these would be better as figures and not an attempt at a doll. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment