Monday, October 9, 2023

REVIEW: Shadow High Series 3 Pinkie James



I spotted Pinkie as a warehouse deal from Amazon, so I caved and grabbed her. (There was minor damage to the back of the box, so yay. Nothing major.) 




Like Oliver, Pinkie doesn't have a comb. I feel like they could have given her another accessory or piece of jewelry to make up for that, but oh, well. 

Stand, magazine, sunglasses, headset, and game. 






Let's get these out of the way. 




I was too lazy to remove the earrings and make these fit better, knowing I wasn't going to leave them on her. 

Gah, I hate that shirt so much. 




Okay, that's better. 

I loved the skirt in person. It's a nice piece. And I like her boots, so she just needed a top. But liking the skirt meant I could no longer use Mara's extra outfit. 

I dug around and found Dia's bodysuit and topped it off with Mara's vest. I would have preferred something black instead of white, but my options were limited, considering only one series of Shadow High got two outfits. 

These are my newly renamed girls. 

I always liked the Pinkie doll with her awesome hair, but I hated her top, so I refused to pay full price. I would have been content to wait longer, but then I learned she's from Berlin and I needed to have a German girl on my shelves. But Pinkie James is certainly not a German name. Amusingly, a hot pink shade IS actually called pink in German, but I still don't want her named after a pony. So Rosa it is. As for a last name, I consulted a list of popular German surnames and Schmidt is #2. Works for me. Pinkie is now Rosa Schmidt. 

That gives us three rose names though, so Rosie, who hasn't a rose on her, is now Cinnabar Redwood.  

I'm very happy with my restyle of Rosa and she's going to look great on display with the others. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment