Monday, December 30, 2019

REVIEW: LOL OMG Alt Grrl


I got my Alt Grrl from Amazon today! She's part of LOL OMG Series 2. We're back to the original box designs, not the fancy ones from Winter Disco.

Alt cost me $26.99 on Amazon. She is currently available to purchase and will be in stock on January 4th.

I'm not going to go through the entire deboxing process, as you've seen it all before, so let's see what's inside.


Two garment bags.

Magazine.

Black purse.

Silver brush.

Yellow shoebox and silver hatbox.

Black stand.




And here she is!

I pretty much fell in love with her when I saw her face. Her makeup is gorgeous.

Her hair is mostly yellow with black streaks. It looks much darker, kinda muddy, in the promo photos, so this is a big improvement.

Her skintone is the same as Downtown BB's.




She has a smokey eye that surrounds most of her eyes.

Her lipstick is kind of a dark raspberry pink.






The garment bags contain a little white jacket and a black vinyl dress with real chain straps.





Back of the jacket.






The dress is a bit tight to get on and the straps aren't the easiest to get on her shoulders, but it all worked in the end.






I do like the jacket, but I think it covers the outfit too much, so I'm leaving it off.





The hatbox contained sunglasses, a necklace, a bracelet, and earrings.

I love how they did the earrings. They make it look like she has way more piercings.





Each earring is different.




These glasses are super cute and I love how quizzical she looks with them on, but they're not part of the overall look I prefer.





This is how I'm displaying her, leaving off the jacket and glasses.

The shoes are cute black heels. The base material is a translucent brown with the black painted over the top and then the additional painted details.

The shoe mold is the same as Swag's.

These were not easy to get on the doll. I had to really push her foot hard, basically pressing the doll down into the shoe, which was stood on the counter. I couldn't do it with just the force of my hands alone.

In my opinion, this girl brings little to mind of her sister, Grunge Girl. The glasses are the most similar thing, and the white, yellow and black color scheme, but Alt hardly has any of Grunge's light pink.

So while the connection between sisters is thin, I think Alt is a better doll for it. I love the dominantly yellow hair.

She might just be my favorite so far. Dollie is the only one I like either as much or almost as much.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. i would love to have this doll, so im getting it when i get the chance!
    and the little sister too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reviews!
    Can I ask if her shoes fit Barbie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They do fit Barbie, but it has to be the dolls with the more arched feet. The ones with flatter feet don't work.

      Delete