Thursday, December 5, 2019

REVIEW: My Little Pony Pony Life Basics



It is new pony day!

I've got the first six basic ponies from the new Pony Life series. I've seen a lot of hate directed toward these adorable little toys. Silly, if you ask me.

Because they are So. Stinkin'. CUTE.




Each pony comes with a comb and a mystery packet of accessories.

I have no idea if there will be variation in the accessories or not.



I've seen these described as bobbleheads, but they're really not. They're just an articulated head.

They're not unstable at all, which is more what I'd consider a bobblehead.




Ugh, she is so cute.

Cutie Mark on one side only.



These are the accessories from the purple bag. A headband, two hairbands and a barrette.

Yep, it's a crappy pic of the barrette. Don't worry. I've got more.





The headband bow is a bit much. Not very Trixie.

The barrette is cute at the bottom of her mane, but it can't be seen very well there.





SO CUTE.

I just don't know how people can complain about these. They're darling.




Moving on to the other non-Mane Six, this is Potion Nova.

Her mane is a lot thicker than Trixie's and it stands up amusingly.








Potion's hairbands are yellow. And she has a gold spiked headband.









That's pretty cute.







TRIXIE: Gold spikes? Really? And I got a BOW?!!







Showing off the barrettes. These are two of my favorite three barrettes of the entire set.





Twilight has a full, curlier mane and tail.








She got the blue bow again. Her bands are hot pink and her barrette is cute, but a bit big for her and the pale aqua doesn't really match her well.



TRIXIE: Ah, you got screwed, too.

TWILY: This is...not flattering. Why isn't Rarity in this set?

POTION NOVA: There can be only one white unicorn at a time!






Here's Applejack with a slightly different headmold.




I think this is the one people really don't like. It still think it's cute, but yeah, she doesn't have much of a lower jaw.






AJ: Where in the foal is my hat?!! Are these Rarity's things?





AJ: Why didn't I get that one? That at least looks cool.

POTION NOVA: Try it on.





POTION NOVA: Maybe that's why.

AJ: Sigh.







Pinkie has kinda wild, curly hair.





Really? The spiky gold band for her? I really hope these are somehow random-packed...

The barrette is cute, but a bit large.



AJ: No.

PINKIE: No?

POTION NOVA: Definitely no.







I'm not keeping it on her, but Pinkie is the only one who can pull this blue bow off.





Oh, my pony gods, she is ADORABLE!!!

Trixie's my favorite, but Fluttershy is second. Then Potion Nova.







FLUTTERSHY: Oh, dear.

OTHERS: Bwahahahahaha!

FLUTTERSHY: I am not trying that on.





That's my other favorite barrette though. Good choice there. I love the blue.



These new ponies are completely darling and do not in one iota deserve the hate they've been getting from a bunch of people who just can't handle change. I hope Rainbow Dash and Rarity join the crew soon!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment