Monday, December 9, 2019

REVIEW: Capsule Chix SEASON 2!!!

I am very, very excited to share something brand new with you all!

The lovely people at Moose Toys sent me a Capsule Chix Season 2 set for free, so I could do another review of the line, as I did for Season 1.

Season 2 should be launching worldwide on January 1st, but we get to have a little sneak peek!

This 2-pack will retail for $24.99.







So the first big difference is that this is a 2-pack and you can see one of the dolls completely put together!

Also, she's got HAIR! They have little brushable wigs now. Adorable.





Here is the back of the box showing art of more of this Shimmer Surge collection.

Hey, look, is that a boy? It is!



Opening up our visible girl was easy. She's in her own little box to the side of the blind box. You just unwrap the cellophane and they slide apart.

Then her own box was easy to open, too. She's in the plastic tray, not tied down with anything, which is always a blessing.






How cute is she? I wonder if all the visible ones will have hair and a fabric clothing piece?






Out of the box and ready to go!

Her purse is enormous, but adorable.






Side view of those awesome spiky boots, plus this is what her head looks like.

The transparent scalp is removable, so she has a head just like any other Capsule Chix doll and can wear the plastic wigs as well as the rooted ones.





From the back.

The scalp has a hole in it and the wig cap has a rubber peg. It's surprisingly easy to put on, considering my unskilled self usually has to flip wigs inside out, get the peg in place, and then flip the wig back to normal.





The checklist booklet was tucked inside the blind box.

Let's take a look at it.

As I mentioned, this is the Shimmer Surge collection.















Three new boys! I wonder how hard they are to find.





A page about mixing and matching and one that describes the codes found in the booklet. 

Hey, is that another new theme? Hologlow. I wonder what that is!


I love that blue-haired girl on the left. She's one of the ones that's visible in the packaging and she has a rooted wig. 

On the right, we've got one regular girl on the left of the page, a rare hair in the center (this one's a rooted wig), and a rare fabric boy on the right. 






Hey, it's my girl on the left! 

Then regular girl, rare fabric girl and rare (flocked) hair boy. 


Regular girl on the left page. 

Rare fabric girl on the left, rare (rooted wig) hair girl in the middle and regular boy on the right. 

So we've got 9 different girls and 3 different boys. I've learned the girls on their own page are the visible ones with rooted wigs. I'm not positive, but it's possible the ones on the pages facing them only come with that visible doll.  




Let's meet our second character!

I opened the front and that's where the booklet was. 

Then you turn the dial and get the capsules out, same as with the first season.







Shimmer Surge has a pretty pale aqua signature color.





Ooo, pearly metallicy. I like it. 






Cute shoes, purse and watch.





The third pouch contains two stand pieces (the bases come off the capsules), the head, and a cute comb. 




Legs and adorable skirt. 







She is SO CUTE. This is my favorite one so far. I just adore her. 

And hey, she looks familiar. 




Yep, you get the complete look now! Or so it seems. I think it would be pretty crazily coincidental that I just happened to open every piece that goes with her. Plus with the way the checklist is organized this time, I'm pretty sure you're opening a complete character this season. 



If you get this girl, don't try to get her glasses on under the bangs. They're meant to go over the top like in the art. I'm not sure why, because as a glasses wearer, my hair has no business anywhere near my lenses, but to be fair, her glasses are enormous. 




Here they are together. I didn't mix and match them this time. I'm so enamored of the glasses girl that I didn't want to change a thing about her just yet. 






One side. 





And the other side. 


And the back!

I'm definitely excited to see what else Capsule Chix has in store for us. I want to know what Hologlow is! 

Keep up the good work, Moose Toys. I'm looking forward to buying more of these sets!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment