Monday, December 16, 2019

Welcome, WORLDGIRLS!

I saw these dolls advertised by QVC on Facebook and went to check them out. I was smitten after watching the video presentation and ended up changing my order not once but twice and eventually getting all three dolls. It was an advance order, so they only just shipped, but thankfully I live in the same state as one of the big warehouses, so I got my dolls super fast.

They cost $79.95 each, but if you buy with Easy Pay installments, it's so easy to get them home fast. They're also available on the Worldgirls website for $89.




Before I get into the dolls, I want to thank their creators! Laken and Carlissa are identical twins from Brooklyn, and you can tell how much love and effort they put into their dolls. I mentioned on their Facebook that I'd ordered all three and they sent me some goodies!









Lulu is assisting me with this review and you can see how big these bags are with her in the shot! (Karito Kids are 21" tall and she's a little moreso with those shoes on.) 

There are three of the canvas bags that can be used to tote your dolls on adventures and the large blue one is huuuuuuuge. 

Then there are little patches. I clearly have next year's vacation on the brain, because I was thinking Florida instead of my initials!





Each character represents a different trait, which you can read about more on the website. Pemberly is the Explorer, Maud the Rebel, and Zari the Scholar.

Ready to meet the girls? 

I didn't follow the box numbering system. I put them in rainbow color order.








That means we get started with Maud. 

Maud Croak is the Rebel character from Stockholm, Sweden. She was the first doll to catch my eye. I love pale redheads and bold colors. Orange is actually my favorite color that's not black! And it goes so well with the bright blue overalls. 







I've also always loved the name Maud and its variations. 








Back of the box. 








Closer on that so you all can read it. 








And she's got her trait on the other side.









The plastic lifts off and then the inner box liner lifts out. 




The envelope at her feet contains two patches, one for the owner and one for the doll, and a small book about Maud. 

Each book is about the character's life before she was invited to Worldgirls Hall. Maud is adopted with two dads and she has a passion for socks. 





Maud is my guinea pig, so there are going to be a bunch of photos of her while I show off all the details. Then we'll get to Pemberly and Zari. 

The dolls are about 19" tall. 




All three share a mold, but manage to look very different from each other. 

I love the mold, as it's unique and lovely. 







The girls have eyelashes, but their eyes don't blink. Most of my bigger dolls don't have blinky eyes. That's never been of importance to me. 





Close up of the details on the sweater. These sweaters are fantastic quality. All of the clothing pieces are, but the sweaters in particular. 

And that overall pocket is functional.





This is one of the very few things I was a bit disappointed in. Maud in the little book is really into socks and gets milkshake-printed ones for her birthday. So I would have preferred if the doll had some wild print socks and plain shoes. 





Her wig is on the thinner side, but definitely not in a bad way. Just in a sleek, shiny, silky way. Thick hair is not always the best way. 







Without her coat. 

My Maud has a slight lean that I haven't corrected. I like the sass.





The overalls are velcroed at the bottom of each strap and at the more usual closure. 







Here's her shirt uncovered. 

Poor Maud doesn't have undies. A lot of dolls in pants have this issue, but it's my only other nitpick. 







Her body is partly fabric. 



Here she is in comparison to an 18" American Girl and a 21" Karito Kid. 

Her build is in between the two, but closer to the slimmer build of Karito Kids. 

Her arms don't have the range of motion of the other two. Not a big deal to me, but worth a mention. 







In case anyone is curious, they can wear American Girl stuff. It's just a smidge big and I'm not sure every piece would work. 







What surprised me is that she actually fits AG shoes! Her stock shoes are so long that I never thought she'd fit these, but she did!






Last one of Maud solo! 

I put the doll-sized patch on her little vinyl overall pocket. The dolls are shown with them on the sweater, but I like this better. 






MAUD: Hey, Pem! We'll get you out of there!





Pemberly Crawford is the Explorer from Brooklyn. She plays tennis. She and her friends have this cool thing where they pick pieces of paper out of a hat and one person gets to choose what they do that day. 







Name on the box. 








Trait on the box. 






Pem's patches are stars. 








Ah, those colors! 


This HAIR. 

I'm not sure I've ever felt anything like it on my other dolls. It's fantastic and fun!

I am extremely grateful that this hair is on a bigger doll. I've seen way too many fashion dolls with wonderful, amazing curls that get their hair straightened and I HATE IT. There are a billion straight-haired dolls in existence, but precious few with curls this stunning. 






Seriously, I love her hair. I love her overall coloring, too. Hair color, skintone, eye color, outfit colors. It all combines into gorgeous. 




Here's the dress. I like the thin material this is made from.

Her shoes are the one thing I'm not into. I like the style a lot, but I wish they had a teense more color. Even different-colored laces would have made them come closer to the awesome level of the rest of the outfit. 






Ah, Pemberly, I'm sorry that your last solo photo is your underwear, but yeah, she has them. So it's just Maud without. I gave her some AG panties. 





Last but not least is Zari Jones from Barbados. 

Zari's family is an older brother and a single mom. Zari is a chess genius. I love that not only does this line have a black female as the Scholar trait, but she's so smart that it's to the level of CHESS CHAMPION. Go, Zari!





Name on the side. 






Trait on the side.





The Scholar symbol is a key that also reminds me of a magnifying glass and I like that. 





I have to admit, it took a few hours for me to go back and order Zari. I prefer the bolder, brighter colors of the other girls' outfits, but the shoes have that pop of yellow and the doll herself is stunning, so she wound up coming along for the ride. And I regret nothing. 





She's beautiful!



Shoes! My favorite shoes of the three pair. I actually thought about putting them on Pemberly, but the sneaker style fits her best and these sandals are good for Zari. 





Her hair is SO SOFT. I have never felt textured doll hair this level of softness. 

I need to work out that little dent the box put in it, but that's easily enough done. 








It's a little hard to see, but her hair is partially pulled back. 








Here you can see the top a bit better. That pocket is functional. 





Cute little waistband on her skirt!



And finally, the three Worldgirls together and deboxed. 

I adore these dolls. Their quality level is up there with Karito Kids and I LOVE Karito Kids. Their price point is very fair, especially considering the expense of similar dolls (*cough*American Girl*cough*) these days.

There are two more traits that don't have characters yet: Warrior and Healer. I can't wait to meet these upcoming girls. I hope one is Asian!

Keep up the amazing work, Worldgirls!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

RECOMMENDED LINKS:



No comments:

Post a Comment