Monday, April 18, 2022

REVIEW: Shadow High Natasha Zima

Natasha is the other doll that came home with me tonight. She initially was one of the ones I cared about least, but her appearance in the show made me totally love her. 

I did these reviews in a couple stages because after deboxing Heather and going through the first few pics, I knew I wanted a shot of her next to Natasha to show off the skintone differences. So I was moving the dolls all around and had Natasha's accessories all set up...then never photographed them. 

Natasha comes with the same stand and comb as Heather. I didn't notice any color variation. Then she has her one-piece dress, heels, earrings and a silver bracelet for her main outfit. Her second (much better) outfit is a white fur coat with pearl details, a white midriff top and miniskirt also loaded with pearls, and a pair of really awesome boots that I'll talk about later. 


Oh, I would also like to mention that MGAE improved the packaging some. The second outfit boxes no longer have plastic that can be popped off the front. You have to open the side of the individual box and slide out the liner. They also seemed glued on more securely. I know some people have seen stolen outfits off dolls in stores or even gotten ones shipped to them that were missing outfits or shoes. Hopefully this helps stop that. 

Anyway, here's Natasha in this feathered thing. I hate this dress. The giant bow hides that it's also a poor fit, but the scraggly feathers at the top and bottom sure were a choice. The only thing I like about this dress is the cute bow at the back, which I didn't bother taking a picture of. 



My Natasha has darker liner and lashes on her right eye than on her left but I like the effect. 

Her hair didn't have a speck of gel in it. It's thick and gorgeous. I didn't brush it and don't plan to. Finger-combing only! 

I think she has some darker streaks in the pulled back part. 


 


SO MUCH BETTER.




Let's talk about the boots for a minute. 

They are FABRIC. The entire upper is glittery, sturdy fabric. Then there's a regular high heel buried down in there and that's what her foot goes in. They're a little bit tricky to get on, but I love how much more realistic they look than big plastic boots. 




I had to take off her hands to get this on. It's really thickly-lined. 




I'll reuse this pic in case someone sees this review first and not Heather's. 

The only really odd thing about Natasha is how much whiter her body is than her head. It's a bit jarring. 



So there you have it: Natasha Zima. I'm glad I liked her so much in the show and got this doll earlier than the rest (except Heather, of course) so I had time to appreciate he awesomeness. My mom loves her, too. 

I'm looking forward to getting the rest and hoping they ship soon! It's looking like next Monday at the moment, though none have shipped yet. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Integrity Toys made boots exactly like these a few years back, but in black, I think that says a lot about Rainbow High quality if they use the same technique as a "premiuim" brand.
    The only problem I see with Natasha is that in a few years, her head will most likely turn yellow while her body remains stark white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that happening but it's not going to stop me from enjoying her now.

      Delete