Wednesday, April 13, 2022

REVIEW: Barbie Color Reveal Mermaids Series 1


I slept on this first Color Reveal mermaid series and each of these dolls is totally awesome. I overpaid for some on Amazon and loved them even more in person, so I ordered several more after cracking the codes (hopefully), figuring I could find the other three I needed and return the others. Then came last night when my local used toy shop posted a pic of some new Barbies...including all five of this set. I went over there today and now my set is complete! I only had to open one of the tubes I got in the mail today and I can return the others, because the dolls from the shop were in such great condition. 

So this is the first one I opened from Amazon. 



She's not one I was excited about. She's definitely the most "Barbie" of the five. But her makeup and overall design are still really pretty and she hooked me enough to order a second one. 


I will be posting codes at the end and my method for figuring them out. I didn't prove this worked except for the one I opened today so I can't guarantee it, but I'll let you guys decide if I'm right or not. In the codes, this one will be Seashell.



This is the doll I opened second, although not this exact doll. This is the one from the toy shop. I'll get to why I bought a second one a couple pics below. 

She's shiny because she just came out of the freezer. I was trying to darken her makeup but this is as dark as it gets. 





I thought this one would rank higher for me because I love the white hair and winter theme but no, she actually comes in fourth. (The first one pictured is my least fave.) 


Here on the left is the one I opened myself, my second one from Amazon. She has a smushed face. The tip of her nose is totally flat, her face is squashed, and some of her makeup is rubbed off. This is why I grabbed the one from the toy shop, because she wasn't defective. I wish her makeup was darker like my first one's though! But I don't mind having two. 

In the codes, this one will be Winter. 



This one is my obvious favorite. How could I not love the one with the part-shaved head, dark makeup, dark tail, and moon and stars theme? She's perfect.

I have two of her, too, because I grabbed the one from the toy shop even though she didn't have her choker. But I wanted her just in case I didn't get one in the mail. But I did and using my codes, I opened her. 

In the codes, this is Moon. 






SHE'S SO AMAZING.




Gah, this one is gorgeous. I love her. I figured on her for my second fave, but she got bumped to third. It's very close between second and third though. 

Excellent colors, beautiful face. 



It's clear these were never played with. They're in such good shape. And only $3 each!



In the codes, this will be Floral. 




This girl went from my least wanted to second favorite. She's fantastic in person. 





Cute face, great makeup. Love the bright, bold colors. I even love the giant chunky rainbow choker. It works for her somehow. 



And she has a lot of colors in her hair! 


In the codes, this is...wait for it...Rainbow. Yep. So obvious. 


The toy shop also had these two from the Chelsea series and there's no way I was leaving them. The winter one is complete, though sadly the moon one was missing her tiara. She came with a random pair of sunglasses, while the winter one had the purple necklace on. I opted to turn that necklace into a funky tiara for the moon girl. It's a little light for her color scheme but eh, it kinda works. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 




Okay, so the codes. Thanks to what I opened and some codes I saw on an Instagram picture, I was able to put the dolls in order. They likely always follow this order, because in two different proven code sets, the Seashell doll is four places ahead of the Winter doll. 


SEASHELL: 

28501 (confirmed)

19401 (confirmed)


FLORAL:

28601 (?)

19501 (confirmed)


MOON:

28701 (confirmed)

19601 (?)


RAINBOW:

28801 (?)

19701 (confirmed)


WINTER: 

28901 (confirmed)

19801 (confirmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment