Monday, April 18, 2022

REVIEW: Shadow High Heather Grayson

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm so happy to finally have these girls in hand! I had a preorder for Ash and Luna with Target and the others with Amazon. Then I got a message from Target saying the release changed to today. I went on the app and saw all of them available again, so I bought the others I needed and got to use the $25 off $100 coupon. I cancelled my preorders with Amazon. Last night, I checked the app to see if my store had any, planning to treat myself to Heather as a reward for getting through another holiday weekend. I saw only 2 of her available and 2 Natasha, so I ordered both as a pick up. Neither Ash nor Shani was there at all. Luna showed as 2 available this morning but not last night, and Nicole was limited stock so she couldn't be done as a pick up. When I stopped to get them after work, they had none out on the shelves. I'm thankful my pair had decent makeup so I could keep them. Once my preorders arrive, I'll just return the extras. 




I normally do the accessory photo first, but I decided to jump right into this dress because I hate it. 

I like the design of the dress itself, but MGAE continues to fail at fitting one-piece dresses onto RH bodies. This looks like a snakeskin sack. 



Heather has a lot of glitter going on but I actually like it. It wouldn't have been my choice if I designed her but it works for her. 

The only place she has gel is on the thin bangs. I'm leaving it there because I like the height on them. 




The jacket is actually designed with plastic loops in the shoulders so she can wear it just draped over her shoulders without it falling off. 



The jacket does have black lacing on the inside and that left some stains on her arms. 




Gah, the level of detail on this piece is AMAZING. 



So now we get to the accessory photo. 

Heather comes with a Shadow High stand and comb. They're similar to the RH ones only obviously with different initials. They've also got molded studs to differentiate them a bit. 

Heather's outfits and accessories are: white jacket, snakeskin mini dress, black choker, silver "shadow" earrings, snakeskin sheer top, black vinyl tank top, snakeskin pants, snakeskin heels, and pearly white ankle boots. 

Every single piece is super high quality except for the cut of the dress. 



Heather's hair is extremely unique. She has a small braided section on either side and there are plastic loops through it, some of which have charms. both sides have different safety pins and the white side has an S while the black has an H. 


Her hair is in three different sections. There are the thin bang pieces in front and the main pigtails, but there are also these two silver loops. They're hooked through her hair and have more hair hanging off them. It's an interesting visual for sure and she seems like an odd enough girl that she'd cut off some of her own hair to create these bizarre accessories. 



She also has a gray streak on each side. 





Here's a body comparison of Natasha and Heather. Natasha is obviously the lightest of this line but Heather is close second. She's only a little bit light gray. 




I love Heather's second outfit because it's very old school Bratz. Except the pants aren't flared! Heh. 


I didn't do a close up of the girls' hands but they have very long fingernails. Heather has a molded thumb ring, too. So awesome. 

But the addition of the long nails meant I had to remove the hands to get the long-sleeved pieces on and that's always nerve-wracking for me because you're not supposed to take the hands off. I'm hoping they made the SH hands sturdier because there's no way to get those long-sleeved pieces on with the claws intact. 

So for these next photos, Heather's hands are not on. I wasn't going to take them off more than once. 




Above is just the sheer top, and here is the top with the black tank over it. 




I love her in the jacket so I was able to put her hands back on. 




Just a couple fun shots. 




I am definitely keeping one of the two I have coming. I may keep her in box or I may keep one to redress more and be the more "active" doll while this one is the "display' doll. 




Favorite RH doll hands down. (Sorry, Emi! You're still second fave.)

These do not come with hangers but if I can have this level of detail on the clothing in place of a couple hangers, I am all for it. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment