Thursday, July 4, 2019

REVIEW: Wild Hearts Crew Charlie Lake




Charlie! I was pretty excited when I saw that she was available. I've been checking my stores repeatedly on Brickseek for Jacy and Cori, so when Charlie popped up, I was thrilled. None of my stores were putting them out, but Walmart.com has listings for everyone but Rallee and I was able to get them ordered for pickup at the farther store where I bought Kenna. I wasn't sure they'd get them from the back to fill the order, but they did, even putting some of the dolls into a case for Charlie. I ordered 2 of each to pick the best face, which mostly worked.




About Charlie from the back of the box.







We'll do her booklet first.

Charlie is described as a rocker, but she's just a rock music fan. Cori's the musician. Charlie's main focus seems to be helping animals.






I like that they include some flaw each girl has.






Love this idea.





She's right.






Not the most detailed booklets, but I still like them.









Here she is fresh out of the box.






Love her hat.


And Frankie Stein earrings.






Charlie is probably the oddest doll of this line for me. She's really gorgeous, but then you take a closer look at her and she's pretty weird-looking.

Her irises do not match up. One is like the start of a side glance and the other looks straight ahead.

She did have the least errors of the open-mouthed characters though. Meaning I've seen two of her and both had teeth that were well-painted and well-placed. Can't say that for either Kenna or Cori.





Her hair is a really pretty blend of blues, but I'm not a big fan of the style. It may turn into a regular ponytail or come down completely. Not sure yet.

Do be careful clipping the tabs on her hat though, because one of them pulled part of her hair and it was not fun to fix. Thankfully, I got it well enough without having to completely undo the bottom hairtie.












She almost gives the impression of being flat-faced. Something about her eyes is just odd.





Cute star eye deco. 







The back of her outfit. 





Just the shirt. I really like this shirt, but it doesn't look quite right both tucked in and untucked. It looks better here with nothing under it, which is of course, not going to work. 




And her boots! These are sweet. 

Charlie shares the same body as Kenna. I'll have all the new body pics in Cori's review, which will be last.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. That shirt does look weird tucked in. Maybe it would look better paired with pants?

    I do not like her boots. At all.

    I still really like Charlie as a doll, but she requires an intensive restyle. Hopefully Barbie stuff fits her well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was finally unable to resist these dolls, so I got every single one of them in Wal*Mart. I am impressed by Charlie's hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that her face looks really sweet, although it can be tough to find good-looking ones when they have toothpaste grins.

    ReplyDelete