Wednesday, July 3, 2019

REVIEW: Descendants 3 Mal, Uma and Celia


My Amazon order arrived today! No Evie, Audrey or fashion packs in stock yet, but I do have these three for us to look at.

Sig Mal and Uma are $19.99 each. Basic Celia is $14.99.

Let's look at Mal first, because it's Mal.

I like the simple packaging with lots of darker shades. It wasn't a thrill to open though. Mattel definitely has much easier packaging than Hasbro. Didn't help that Amazon crushed them all, too.





I love this dark, sleek suit. It's nicely done.

The gloves are really interesting. Not a piece I ever imagined on a doll. We'll take a closer look at them.

Mal's hair is the most eye-catching thing about her though, even with this butt-kicking outfit on. It's suddenly mostly dark blue! It's like she's absorbed Evie's hair color and then streaked it with her own.

Hair quality is pretty nice. It's got a lot of volume. 




Here are those gloves. They're all one soft rubber piece with the cut-out inside the elbow to allow for movement.

She has a ring molded onto her right hand that I like.




They still can appear one piece if you pose them right.

They're really sweet!


The shoes are cute. I like all the metallic blue detailing.

I'm honestly not sure if Mal's feet always look small because they are or because I'm just so used to big feet and big shoes on dolls. But these look small.




D3 vs. D2!

I love both. I do favor the bangs though. I loved the D2 Mal dolls.






LOVE her.








Uma! A bit of a surprise, since I don't care for Uma's dolls. Her actress is so stunning and the doll does her zero justice. However, this is an awesome Uma. 






Her hair is really pretty. I love the little twist across her head.

The outfit is super-detailed. Love the fringe down the pants.

Her biggest flaw is that her boots are a recolor of her D2 sig's boots, but they look much better this time, so it's not even a big flaw.







Fantastic back detailing!







Sea witch strut.






Boots close-up.







And a quick comparison.

I definitely recommend D3 Uma. The ballgown one from D2 is still my favorite, but honestly not by much. I love this one!




New character Celia got the short end of the stick, because she only got a basic doll. Meh to that.

She's the daughter of Dr. Facilier, which makes her sister to Freddie from the Wicked World webisodes.

Does she look familiar? She should. That's because she uses Freddie's headmold. A bit annoyed about that because the actress is very striking. I love her narrow-eyed look in the box photo and wish they'd tried to recreate that. The headmold rather works for her, but they could have narrowed her eyes some.





Out of the box, her Shana hair comes out full force. I love the triangular thing she has going on.

The hat is really cute and I like how they did her outfit.







From the back.

Her hair is so fun. I love her color scheme, too.




Here she is with Freddie.

Freddie's got it all over her when it comes to details though. The sigs used to have loads.





They share a shoe mold.





I decided Celia needed better treatment than Hasbro gave her, so she took over my D2 sig Uma's body. It's a great match. Switching wasn't the easiest, but it got done. The gloves are perfect, too, since she wears them in the movie.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get basic Dizzy. I have the D2 sig, but I love her, so I might give in and order her soon. We'll see!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss purple Mal, but things change I guess. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll miss her, too. The D2 Mals will likely always be my favorites.

      Delete
  2. EEK! I want the Mal! (might get her for my b-day actually since it's in 3 days)

    ReplyDelete