Monday, July 15, 2019

REVIEW: Moose Toys Capsule Chix!


Did you guess what was inside the big box from Moose I posted earlier?

CAPSULE CHIX!!!

I love this giant Capsule Chix box. I'm going to use it to store my collection. 

Before we open the box, I'd like to give a big thank you to Garrett and Alysha at Moose Toys for hooking me up with this review! It's been a really long time since I did one this big. 


See? Really big! 

Inside the awesome box was one Capsule Chix set in each of the four styles plus a little bonus capsule! 

I decided to use my kitchen for the review this time. One of these days my toy room will be done and I'll have a different review space, but for now, at least it's a nice kitchen. 




If you guys know me at all, you already knew I'd be starting with Ram Rock. This theme is definitely the most up my alley of the four, although all of them are certainly cute.

The box is wrapped in cellophane, because it would be really easy to pop out the capsules otherwise, so if you see one unwrapped in the store, look it over really well before buying! I know how people in stores can be with blind-packed stuff. 






And here's the back.

Now let's open!






I unwrapped the cellophane and then opened the little cardboard door. Behind it is another door that you punch out. 

Inside the box, the first thing you see is a booklet. 

Let's look at that before we get into the capsules. 








The booklet looks like a fun magazine, but actually functions as a checklist for each collection.

Featured on the cover of each is the rare design. That's the only one that comes with her complete outfit in the package. Everything else is mix and match. 




So cute. I love the art. 

The second page there explains the abbreviations in the booklet and gives a chart for showing which pieces are rare, rare fabric and ultra rare fabric. Every piece of fabric is either rare or ultra rare. 






Eight different faces per style!



Mixed in with the Ram Rock pieces are occasionally ones from other sets, which are always clearly marked, to show how interchangeable these can be. 

I love the limited edition one! She's my favorite of the four LEs.



Here are some of the upper and lower torso pieces. 

As you can see, the two with fabric on the left are marked as "rare fabric," while the other two that have fabric on the 2nd and 4th looks are marked as "ultra rare fabric." (I really love that look, so of course it's ultra rare!)




I love that girl on the right! 



Here are some of the hairstyles. Ignore the faces, because they won't come with those specific faces. This is just to show the different hair. 

I love all these! 






The crown plus both the upper and lower torso on the left page are rare, as well as the upper and lower torso from the right page. 





And this is the final page before the ones that show the other styles. 




More ads for the other styles.





And the back, which shows how to put the stand together and what to do if a capsule gets stuck. 

Now it's time to open!














There's that open slot where the booklet was. Now grab the dial and start turning in the direction the arrows point. I struggled a little with getting one to fall into the slot and make it to the opening, but it was the first one that was troublesome. Once I got it out, the others fell into place easily.


The capsules twist open and each is color-coded to match the style's color, so all the ones for Ram Rock are yellow. 

Inside is a soft plastic bag. I knew this was a fabric piece, because I could feel it!




Yup! I was right! The vest is sealed in its own plastic bag, while the upper torso isn't. 




The second capsule had a shinier, more stiff plastic bag inside. This is what most of the pieces you'll see are in. The softer bags are only for the fabric bits, I think. 







Ahh! The Cobra head! I really like the makeup on this one, especially the bottom lip.


On her upper torso. 

I love the sleeves on this and how the stripes go different directions. 






Third capsule. 



It's hair! 

The hair comes in two pieces, front and back. 





Snap the back onto her head. 




And the front. 

Even though the color is wrong, this style of short hair will always make me think of Tecna from Winx Club. Tecna would totally like Capsule Chix.  






Hey, what else was with the hair? This crown!




Next!






Lower torso and skirt. 







I like the texture of the skirt. 





What's in the last bag? Gotta be shoes!








Yup! Cute boots and a purse!  



I added her vest and then realized I didn't have the stand piece. I found it off to the side, so I knew it came out of one of the packets, but which one? We'll find out with the next girl. 

The stand piece goes into the colored base of one of the capsules and then you give it a hard turn to click it into place. It's really obvious if it's not in right. It'll wiggle a lot!






How about Giga Glam next?





Back of the box. 

I love the design of the doll pictured on the far right. I might have to track her down!




I'm not going to go as step by step with these other ones, but we are going through the booklets. 




Inside first page is the same on all of them. 





Faces. I like the winking and smoky-eyed ones best.




Love that purse in the middle!

And the LE is super pretty. 




This one's only got two rare pieces.




Ah, there's the design I really like!

Thankfully not rare. Maybe I can find her.






Multiple rare hairstyles.




Ah, here are more fabric pieces.




And the last page. I didn't take pics of the ads or the back cover this time. 



Here are all the opened pieces!

Aha, the stand piece comes with the head! 

So we've got: 
1) upper torso plus scarf
2) shoes and purse
3) lower torso, skirt and watch
4) head plus stand piece
5) hair







And here she is! I got the smoky-eyed face that I really liked. The molded rose top looks really good with the scarf and skirt, too.  




These girls pretty much fully come apart. It's easier to show this with her than with the Ram Rock one, because the torso pieces are less decorated, but you can pull them apart any way you like. 

I was not bold enough to pull the thigh pieces off. They look like they'll come off, too, but I didn't want to risk breaking anything, because the joint is a little more complicated than the ones that are a straight shot. 







Sweet Circuits time!







So bright!







Again, we'll cover the booklet first.





Time for some cutesy candy fashions!





Okay, that second face in the top row is AMAZING. I want that one. 





The LE doll looks spectacular. 






I am a sucker for fairy anything. I love the wings.






That full outfit on the right is SO CUTE.




I dig a lot of these. This theme is the least me of the four, but it's still super adorable. 




I love all the color!




I opened the cutest bag. Totally. 


The pieces are definitely in a pattern. 
1) Head + stand piece. If there's a head accessory, it will be here.
2) Hair
3) Upper torso and any accessories meant to go on it. (EXCEPT bracelets/watches.)
4) Lower torso and any skirt pieces. Also the watches are in this bag.
5) Shoes and purse

I managed to forget to take an individual picture of this girl, so this is after a smidge of restyling. 

Note the pink watch. It is not in the photo above. It fell on the floor and my mom spotted it. So be very careful where you open the bags, because tiny pieces may get lost! 

The blue watch belongs to the Ctrl Alt Magic set. (The colors match the theme colors.) I gave it to this girl because it doesn't fit with the CAM girl. You'll see why when we meet her next. 

All the rest of these are the Sweet Circuits pieces. Told you I got the cutest bag. This outfit goes together very, very well! I love the winking face, too. 






Time for Ctrl Alt Magic! Aside from Ram Rock, this is my next favorite style. 






I plan to focus on collecting a lot of Ram Rock first, but I will likely move on to this one second. 







The mermaid. People are going to go crazy wanting her!





I LOVE that hair. You wouldn't think I'd be into the blonde pastelly braid look, but I really love it. 





Faces! I hope I get a green-eyed one soon. I'm really drawn to those as well as the obvious darker ones. 




That mermaid is fabulous. I'll likely never open her, but she's definitely fab. 






I want the Egyptian-reminiscent outfit. Anything with that type of collar makes me think Egyptian.




Yep, there's a unicorn. I like the style of this a lot with the thigh-highs. Some of these pieces are fuzzy, too!




That. Silver. Sailor Moon. Hair. 

I want the braids most, but that silver one is so second. So it has to be rare.

Actually, I like all these quite a bit except for the winter hat one and that's only because it would be more limiting for matching. 







WINGS.





Really love those strappy boots.




So I managed to get some really good pieces!

The flocked shirt and rainbow backpack are both rare. I love the thumbs up gesture. 






This is why she couldn't wear the watch. The cuffs on this shirt cover a lot of her wrists. 






Does it look good? 

Thumbs up!






I also received a special bonus capsule! I figured it was Sweet Circuits based on the pink color, but the piece isn't in any of the booklets, so it might be unique!




It's a fuzzy little coat!!!







Which looks adorable on the glam girl. It would have looked cute on the CAM girl, too, but it would have covered her flocked shirt and the backpack would have been lost in the fuzz, so this works best. 






Speaking of the backpack, I didn't show it well before.





These girls are bigger than I envisioned. Similar to one of the Equestria Girls minis. The first set, not the current ones. 

Here's Ram Rock with Twyla so you can get an idea of the size. 

Purple girls unite. 

And there you have it! I tried to go as step by step as I could, but if you have any questions, please ask! 

Each set will be $14.99 and I think that's a very good price for a completely articulated small doll with lots of separate pieces. I can't wait to get more sets! I pre-ordered some Ram Rock ones from Amazon. 

The capsule presentation aspect is very fun. I loved capsule machines when I was a kid. I wish I saw them more often these days. I like how they're reusable, too, both as stands (very clever!) and as storage pieces. 

I'm looking forward to seeing other people get these and get mixing and matching. I plan on playing around with mine more soon, but it's been quite a long day, so I'm going to wrap this up for now. 

Remember, any questions let me know, and I'd love to know which style you like best and which specific pieces you hope to find!

THANK YOU AGAIN TO MOOSE TOYS!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

8 comments:

  1. Man, the more I see these, the more I want one. The presentation is top notch.
    I also like that they really tried to make the pieces unique, but also so that they could match even if it's not part of the set? I know that sounds obvious but some Mix and Match fashion stuff tend to fail in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's definitely the ability to cross pieces over between sets. There are specific ones that look weird mixed and matched, like the gold crown just did not go with my rock girl's outfit, but I'd say the majority are matchable across the board.

      Delete
  2. Aw, crap. I went from just liking the concept and loving the art to thinking that the next time I'm wandering around a toy aisle, one of these will follow me home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be awesome if, as well as in toy stores, they put capsule machines, with singular capsule in places like the front of Wal-Mart and grocery stores?! That would be true capsule toys! It would also be pretty genius because it would get kids to get one for cheap, then they could rope there parents into getting a whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garret sent me these guys to review too, and I actually got the exact same combination of pieces for the first two (RAM Rock and Giga Glam)! I guess that confirms there are some set combinations? 0.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh! That's a bit disconcerting. For $15, I'd at least want some different pieces.

      Delete